Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Marathons 2015

Spring Marathons 2015

Anyone doing one? How's your training going? What time are you targeting?

I've signed up for Manchester and just hoping to get to the start line free of injuries to be honest but would like to run something in the 3:15 to 3:30 region.

Hi TheHeathens,
    I'm doing my first ever marathon next year - Howgills26 so trail, I couldn't face that far on the road! No target time in mind (reckon I'll be somewhere around 5hrs but don't care what the clock says), just want to finish, enjoy myself and raise some money for Glossop Mountain Rescue Team along the way
    https://www.justgiving.com/GlobalTherapies/
    Lynne

I did Manchester last year in 3:03, so I bet you can guess what I'm going for when I do it again in 2015 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Hi TheHeathens,
    I'm doing my first ever marathon next year - Howgills26 so trail, I couldn't face that far on the road! No target time in mind (reckon I'll be somewhere around 5hrs but don't care what the clock says), just want to finish, enjoy myself and raise some money for Glossop Mountain Rescue Team along the way
    https://www.justgiving.com/GlobalTherapies/
    Lynne
    Great stuff Lynne - good luck with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Yaks View Post
    I did Manchester last year in 3:03, so I bet you can guess what I'm going for when I do it again in 2015 ;-)
    So close mate! How's the training going? On target?

This is my first one and I was 14 stone when I came back off my holidays at the start of November. Hoping to get down to 11 by the race (13 now) but it's a SLOW process losing that much fat!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post

This is my first one and I was 14 stone when I came back off my holidays at the start of November. Hoping to get down to 11 by the race (13 now) but it's a SLOW process losing that much fat!
    HAd a few injuries since summer, but when I'm fit I'm doing about 60 miles per week. 18 week training plan starts next week, just recovering from a slight hamstring strain at the moment, so will scale the first week back a bit.

Since I started running regularly 3 years ago I've lost about 2.5 stone. Stick at it, it feels great , but remember to still eat healthily if you're doing a decent amount of training .

You should try fell running. I've heard that's good for losing fat.

But seriously, good on you for committing to it. That's a big ask. Good luck.

Anyone doing one? How's your training going? What time are you targeting?

I've signed up for Manchester and just hoping to get to the start line free of injuries to be honest but would like to run something in the 3:15 to 3:30 region.
    Boston for me.

I just ran a trail marathon so having a very easy week, 3 days off running and just slow runs otherwise.

But it's been 3 marathons, a 50k, and 2 50 milers since April so I'll slowly build back up and start after christmas more seriously.

The racing here stops so theres not many races to plan for but at Boston my plan was 2:33.. we'll see.. I ran 2:36:45 in Chicago but that's a very fast course, Boston is a net downhill but has uphills at a bad time in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    You should try fell running. I've heard that's good for losing fat.

But seriously, good on you for committing to it. That's a big ask. Good luck.
    Tell me more about this fellrunning lark.... I've obviously been spending too much time 'Down the Pub'

My back doesn't handle the fells very well nowadays so had to find another target to aim for to lose that lard! Perhaps a sub 3 next year if I manage to make the start line this year!

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Boston for me.

I just ran a trail marathon so having a very easy week, 3 days off running and just slow runs otherwise.

But it's been 3 marathons, a 50k, and 2 50 milers since April so I'll slowly build back up and start after christmas more seriously.

The racing here stops so theres not many races to plan for but at Boston my plan was 2:33.. we'll see.. I ran 2:36:45 in Chicago but that's a very fast course, Boston is a net downhill but has uphills at a bad time in the race.
    Good luck Iain.

Funnily enough, I was speaking to Tim Bayley (ex GB 800m runner) yesterday evening; he's been out in Boston coaching at Harvard for the last 3 years and was raving about the Boston course. Fingers crossed its as good as he says it is and you do 2:33.