Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow shoes for running?

The thing that you need to get your head around within the context of the OP's original question:-
    When you run, your lifted foot points down at around 45 to 60 degrees declined from the horizontal. With a snow shoe fitted there would be around 12 inches of snow shoe projecting below your toes; thus you would require an extremely unnatural extra elevation in foot lift, particularly when bringing the trailing foot forward to re-plant it.
    From what I've seen of people using snow shoes, the foot is maintained in an almost horizontal position ( to keep the 'toe' of the snow shoes from ploughing in). This is more conducive to a walking action, rather than running action.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

To be honest, for me. The differences don't really matter.

E.g. I use the bike/swimming to compliment running. Up to the OP to decide whether the variation of physical movement is acceptable or not. I could only see an I indication of interest in snowshoes you can run in, not a desire to run in snowshoes but only if replicating exactly the biomechanics of normal running.

I'd give some rentals a bash sometime (or borrow).
    pies