Thread: training assistance

training assistance

Im looking at spending as much time as possible on different legs of the BGR in the new year. I have a couple of friends who have successfully completed the round but they can only get to the lakes at weekends to help me. I have the benefit of working shifts so the majority of my free days are through the week. Im hoping someone with experience of the legs will be able to offer me some assistance & guidance. I am in touch with sophie at the white horse inn at scales and i can get a room in the bunk barns which gives me the option of running on two consecutive days. The first day im going to be in need of help is Friday 23rd January.
    thanks in advance
    dudley

Looking for people to reccy with available some Friday afternoons and every other weekend.As I'm available only then I can try and book some days off work and perhaps we can do some reccys together?Been fell running 38 years and keen to do it
    Last edited by Sean Willis; 03-01-2015 at 07:27 PM.

If you can read a map and navigate a bit then you should have no fear of getting out on your own.
    Take necessary precautions, be aware of the weather, take plenty of food, warm kit, leave a route and schedule with someone, take a phone (protect it from the elements) but get out there and you'll find it enhances the whole BG experience. Building your own knowledge of the route is a great feeling - well I enjoyed it thoroughly