Thread: OMM bottle holder

OMM bottle holder

Hi, I am thinking of getting an OMM bottle holder for my omm classic 25. What are people's opinions? I am considering one as getting a bottle from mesh side pouches is awkward. My concern is that the bottle holder would bounce around too much (although I am more a plodder than at all fast). Many thanks for any help, cheers si

stick with the side pockets I tried em n went back to the pockets, there rubbish imo.
    WOODZY.

What he said. Haven't tried these on the OMM but I have a great Lowe Alpine running pack which came with detachable bottle holders for the chest straps ... they're rubbish, I never use them. The ones on, say, the Ultimate Direction / Salomon type running vests work well because they're integral and have no swing when full bottles are on board

Many thanks, saved me £15. Cheers si

I use one all the time, in fact I found it so useful I brought another pouch, not necessarily to put another bottle in but the pouch is so convenient to put a buff, hat, gloves extra food in without having to dislocate you shoulder to get them in the side pockets. IMO you will have difficulty getting your drinks bottle out of a side pocket while running, and will have to stop to get it.
    Go to any MM you see loads of people using them, the wide top on the bottle is perfect for filling quickly from a burn.

I can’t comment on other makes but I really rate the OMM one.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

I've got a raidlight bottle holder that goes on one of the shoulder strap.

http://www.facewest.co.uk/RaidLight-...e-Carrier.html

I've found that it works fine and is easy to remove/replace and drink from on the go. The bottle supplied has a nice wide neck that is easy to fill. One minor drawback is that it slips down the shoulder strap if you are carrying the rucksack instead of wearing it. It leads to a bit of confusion when you try and put the rucksack back on! Easily solved by threading the chest-strap through it.

I cannot see why it would not fit any other rucksack.