Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road shoe with low heels

Well, to finish off my part of the thread, I ended up going for some Inov-8's again, given the both general appreciation shown for the 233's on here and lack of time to get to a running shop in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately, the 233's are becoming rarer than hens teeth in some sizes, so I've gone for the Road-X-Treme 198's. I suspect they will be a very similar shoe all told, but will make comment after a few runs if anyone's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj83 View Post
    Hows the fitting on the Saucony? About the same size as Inov8s?
    I generally find saucony and inov8 the same in fit - 10.5 always fits me in either brand (numerous inov8s including f-lite, and saucony kinvara and peregrine).

I was wondering what sort of shoe you've been trying to avoid. I'm guessing it's something like this men-wearing-high-heel-shoes.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Unfortunately, the 233's are becoming rarer than hens teeth in some sizes, so I've gone for the Road-X-Treme 198's. I suspect they will be a very similar shoe all told, but will make comment after a few runs if anyone's interested.
    I did exactly the same. I didn't find them quite the same; a bit too soft on the underside perhaps.

Has anyone run in f-lites? I'm a bit put off as they seem to be aimed at gym-bunnies. I'm not sure I need 'rope climb' technology on my usual training runs.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj83 View Post
    I'm another one who has been pondering this since the 233's were discontinued a few months ago. Didn't expect there would be quite so many in the same boat. I have one fairly new pair of 233's left thatll do for ahem road races. Will have to have a look at these fast witches!

Hows the fitting on the Saucony? About the same size as Inov8s?
    I take an 8 in both inov-8 and saucony if that's any help.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Going for the Saucony A6 as I've seen they're the closest to the 233's apparently. Only £50 as well which is a bit of a bonus.
    It would be interesting to know why Inov8 have dropped all but a few road shoes. After all I'd imagine everyone who owns a pair of mudclaws has a pair of road trainers in their armoury as well.

Bit of an update - looks like Inov8 are coming back to the running market with something that looks like it might be similar to the 233; the road x-treme 220.
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/i...-shoes-~-ss15/

Bad news is - theyre still silly money at the moment.

I've had a pair of Inov-8 195 F-lites for about a year and half now..
    I still run in them now, use them for road / trails.. Also for work and driving, basically they're well worn now and near their end (soles totally slick), I'd recommend them to anyone.

I like how they're basically pumps, but last for ages!

Skora Tempo:
    http://skorarunning.com/tempo-r03-001m04.html
    Altra One 2.5:
    https://www.altrarunning.com/men/one-25
    Zero drop with cushioning.