Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Inov8 shoes

New 2015 Inov8 shoes

Slightly baffled by the line up.

I understand the offering of 2 fits, standard and precision, although the standard is only offered in the X-talon model, correct me if I'm wrong?

The new X-Talon 200 is aimed at obstacle racers supposedly, but to me it looks like a 212 with 3mm drop, is this the case? So in my eyes it would make a good fell shoe, for those who want the closer ground feeling, but they don't advertise it as a fell shoe?

All in all, looks like there has been some decent updates, it will be interesting to see how people get on with them, especially the different fits.

See the new range here http://www.peteblandsports.co.uk/brands/inov-8/95/157/
    Last edited by ukhursty; 14-01-2015 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Link

Time to buy the old models at reduced price!

Time to asks questions elsewhere for me it would seem! ;-)

i'm keen to see what they're replacing the road-x 233's with, as mine are due for retirement!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by obrienk View Post
    i'm keen to see what they're replacing the road-x 233's with, as mine are due for retirement!
    I think there is only 3 road shoes - road-x lite 155, tri-x-treme 225/275

I alternate my 233s with some Saucony Fastwitches.....
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    I think there is only 3 road shoes - road-x lite 155, tri-x-treme 225/275
    What a stupid decision. Inov-8 has dumped several of the best running shoes ever, and continue to do so apparently
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I'm sure there used to be people who worked for inov8 that posted on here? Maybe that was a long time ago!

Atleast there's now a Talon 212 for people with larger feet although I'd say I have large feet and don't have much if an issue with the precision fit. That said the shoe just doesn't agree with me on the fells, I've rolled my ankle twice on descents wearing them whereas never in the 265.

I tried the Talon 190 on the other day and it's much flatter to the ground and doesn't twist as much (in hand), feels more rigid. Might try it for some shorter or more runnable routes.

Got some of the updated Mudclaw 300s (blue/red).

Sole is flatter and stiffer with seemingly less spiky lugs. Heel is now flat and heel cup feels less secure to me. I've not tried them out on the hill as I'm going to swap them if possible. A shame as the old ones were great.

I wonder if the changes are meant to appeal to a European/USA market.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

X-Talon 200 is a great show. Fit is fantastic, a lot like a Salomon Sense but a bit more roomy. Slight concern over durability for fell use as it doesn't have a rand around the entire forefoot area but mine are holding up great so far. Personally, I think they are the shoe to go for out of the x-talon range unless you have narrow feet or need a super-secure fit, in which case the 190 may be preferable.