Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2015 Inov8 shoes

I'd guess it's probably more about competing with other brands by releasing new products. if they stuck with the same products it might not capture that latent demand from the part of the market that likes to have the latest, newest, most improved versions even if the old version was fine; or the inevitable part of the market that didn't like the current version for whatever reason.

I had the red 265 and rated it the best fell shoe I'd ever had except for the durability issue with the upper, which is what the blue model supposedly improves on. the grip was excellent - far better than old grey and yellow mudclaw 333 and any roclites. I've never tried x-talon though. (next I'm trying walsh pb racer for the first time.)

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I've just had delivered a couple of pairs of yellow Mudclaw 300's from Pete Blands before they go out of production.
    I wasn't averse to the new red / blue colours but I can't be sure about the new sole. There's nothing wrong with the current Mudlcaw 300 sole. It has bigger lugs than the new sole and from what people are saying here seems to have better grip too ~ so why change?
    Is it because the yellow 300's last too long and INOV-8 are not selling as many replacements as a result?

Walsh PB racers used to be THE shoe (and one of few choices) to wear.
    I still have a pair I use for short grassy races such as Grasmere and Great Whernside.
    See the light in the night

Think my next fell shoe will be back to walsh PB/PB Racer. Inov8 I don't get on with as I get heel rub with every (I've got three pairs in my big unused shoe box...don't ask) pair I've owned and now the same issue with Sportiva's I've bought! Still just about experimenting with these though. tbh I think I have an odd shaped heel possibly. Get away with Walsh and Salomon, but Speedcross aren't a great fell shoe, not tried their fell one which gets good reviews!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Talking of Walsh - after giving me the world's biggest heel blister ever on their last outing a few months ago, I decided to try them sans non-removable insole t'other day. After a bit of gentle manipulation, some naughty words, the application of a screwdriver & a soupcon of brute force finally managed to extricate the buggers...& they've transformed from being bone-crushingly tight apart from the annoyingly sloppy heel, to a pretty damned perfect fit! I always found the stack height combined with the narrowness of the shoe meant for a bit of ankle instability on uneven surfaces where this has now brought the stack height down to a nicely minimal 20/15mm. Result

I have been wearing Mudroc 280 for some years. Haven't done much recently and now I see they are defunct. What's the nearest shoe in the new range?

Anyone else finding the new X-Talons very small for size? I bought the same size as my last two pairs and they are much shorter than before with my, now blackened, big toes bumping on any descent :/

I tried on an 11.5 in the new talons and they definitely felt a bit shorter length wise where I'd have probably had to go up half a size if I was going to buy them.

Bad news for zero drop fans - looks like Inov8 are pulling the TrailRoc 235 in favour of the new 4 mm drop TerraClaw 220.

http://www.zhangschmidt.com/2015/02/...aclaw-preview/

http://www.trailrunningreview.com/es...VIEW--984.html

Still waiting for a low drop cushioned shoe from Inov-8

Love the yellow mudclaw 300. Probably one of the best pairs of shoes I've had. Looking at previous posts it suggests the new mudclaw has changed. Why tinker with something that works and has proved to be very popular? Doesn't make sense to me. Mr Pete Bland is going to get an order while stocks last.........