Thread: Suunto Ambit 2 utility

Suunto Ambit 2 utility

Came across this utility which allows data to be downloaded directly from the Ambit 2, without having to go via Movescount.

http://antelopefacts.blogspot.co.uk/...00420492030937

If it was further developed to allow routes, via a GPX file, to be loaded the other way, my life would be complete!

t.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy

This is interesting, it was kind of putting me off getting one not being able to do this - may have to reconsider now.

Thanks.

Seems to work OK. I've firtled about a bit and it seems to rely upon Moveslink (which, if you haven't got an Ambit is a local Suunto utility that controls the connection of the watch to the laptop/pc) - Moveslink stores GPX data in an 'sml' (Suunto-XML I think?) file, locally on the laptop, prior to uploading it to Movescount (the online Suunto site). This utility reads that data and converts it to GPX file, which you can do what you want with. I opened it straight up in Memory Map without any further problem. I'm no techie, but it seems to me there might, therefore, be a way of writing GPX route data into another local directory and perhaps get Moveslink to then upload that to the device? I've posted a comment on the blog, so we'll see if there's any response.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy