Thread: Round of Loch Mullardoch

Round of Loch Mullardoch

I did this last August and just came across this report I wrote at the time but never did anything with so thought I'd throw it on here in case anyone was interested.

I reckon that in similar condition and conditions a 12 hour round at Mullardoch is probably equivalent to a 15 hour Tranters Round. 8km shorter and about 1000m less climbing, similarly rough underfoot and as/more remote. They're really fantastic hills, it's probably a run I'll want to repeat sometime in better weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    I did this last August and just came across this report I wrote at the time but never did anything with so thought I'd throw it on here in case anyone was interested.

I reckon that in similar condition and conditions a 12 hour round at Mullardoch is probably equivalent to a 15 hour Tranters Round. 8km shorter and about 1000m less climbing, similarly rough underfoot and as/more remote. They're really fantastic hills, it's probably a run I'll want to repeat sometime in better weather.
    I concur...I did it with a bivvy in bad weather earlier this year, Fantastic trip. if Id of had more daylight and later in the season it would have gone in the day.
    my report
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2238719&type=3

Another one on my list. Cheers guys. Any chance of a gpx file? :-O

_|_
    ./\.

If you can download them direct from Movescount then mine is here. If you can't let me know and I'll email it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    If you can download them direct from Movescount then mine is here. If you can't let me know and I'll email it to you.
    interesting you went A/cw to my cw. not sure if there is an advantage either way. Although I remember the steep descent at the very end off Mullach Na Maoile thinking...I'm glad I don't have to come up here...

I came off Mullach Sithidh down the ridge just west of your ascent. Bivvied 700m to the west of where you crossed the river. there is a stalkers path that takes you about 1800ft up towards Mel Shuas.
    worth watching out for if you go back..

Thanks Ally. I managed to download it.

_|_
    ./\.