Thread: Alan Duncan Alan Lucker Paddy

Alan Duncan Alan Lucker Paddy

Alan Duncan and Alan Lucker are attempting a Welsh classic round this comming weekend, weathers looking good and everythings in place for a nice day out on the hills good running to them both
    When all else fails and your soul needs a lift - head to the hills

Re: Alan Duncan Alan Lucker Pa

Do you know what their schedule is? What time are they looking for? I wouldn't mind knowing in case they are on a fast time and I try and keep up with them.

If you email me at osx405 (at) bangor.ac.uk I can send you my schedule if you want as well. I'm just looking at getting around.

I thought I heard/read on here? they were starting at 10pm on Friday from Pont Caer Gors, if so I am scheduled to leave there at 9:50 so no doubt we'll see each other.

Anyway good luck to them, just waiting on the weather.

Alan Duncan and Alan Lucker will start at 23:30 at Pont Cae'r gors.
    I have a 23 hour schedule for them but I expect they will do it in under 22 hours all being well. They are both quite fit and well matched. We have enough support for them to split up in the latter sections.
    Email me if you want more detail and/or send me your schedule so we meet up. I have asked Paddy to come out if he can so you could meet him as well.
    Yiannis

Just emailed you, let me know if you don't get anything. I had your email address from an email 'Welsh harrier' forwarded me about helping out with the 2 Alans' round.

Cheers

Iain

How did they go? Any news yet?

Saw their support crew in Llanberis and Ogwen but didn't see them again. Hope they went well.

Fellhound

Alan Duncan finished in 27:34. Alan Lucker quit at start of leg 5 when navigation went wrong. Apparently the weather was bad by leg 5. These are the only details I have up to now (info from Duncan Elliott).

Ahh bugger, it did suddenly turn yesterday evening, I had it absolutely glorious, but when we got back to the house in Nant Peris it was already raining.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    How did they go? Any news yet?

Saw their support crew in Llanberis and Ogwen but didn't see them again. Hope they went well.
    Well done Iain, very good time! I am amazed you have managed to write such a detailed report already.

Alan Duncan was not really his usual self. He had been suffering from some virus all week and sounded pretty rough before the start. With hindsight, he should not have started. He kept losing time all the way and when we got to Nantmor he had not had sufficient time to do the last section. Despite that we persuaded him to try and complete regardless of time. The weather had already deteriorated and after Moel Hebog got worse. A combination of darkness and horizontal rain made progress very slow and unpleasant. Surprisingly, Alan was in better spirits than in earlier sections. The time was 27:04.
    Alan Lucker was quite fit but as he had tagged on more or less the last minute he had to stay with Alan Duncan. Only halfway through the Boundary ridge it was possible to provide him with sepate support and he went ahead getting to Nantmor around one hour ahead of Alan Duncan with just enough time to complete the last section. A combination of deteriorating weather, impending darkness and a navigational error early on convinced him that he would do better to try another time. He then returned to Nantmor and retired.
    Yiannis