Thread: Two foot problems

Two foot problems

I've currently two separate problems with my feet which I'd appreciate advice for.

1. Pain in the rear part of the sole of my right foot. It's mostly a dull persistent pain at its worst when walking or standing but very noticeable even when sitting if I have any weight on that part of the foot. Less of a problem when running but that's presumably due to the greater cushioning in my running shoes and the fact that most of my running on sandy tracks (as opposed to thin rubber flip-flops on hard tile floors). It's worse after a (long) run and sometimes slightly swollen (I think - not easy to see). I'm guessing it may be related to Achilles tendon issues that I've been battling for around four months (being kept at bay by heel drops, stretching and ice). Both the Achilles tendon and the sore part of the foot are stiff first thing in the morning and if I sit for long periods. I've had the pain since early Jan. For the last few days it I've been getting something similar in the right foot too, but not yet so persistent.

2. ... Maybe I should make this a separate post..

Any advice will be appreciated,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    I've currently two separate problems with my feet which I'd appreciate advice for.

1. Pain in the rear part of the sole of my right foot. It's mostly a dull persistent pain at its worst when walking or standing but very noticeable even when sitting if I have any weight on that part of the foot. Less of a problem when running but that's presumably due to the greater cushioning in my running shoes and the fact that most of my running on sandy tracks (as opposed to thin rubber flip-flops on hard tile floors). It's worse after a (long) run and sometimes slightly swollen (I think - not easy to see). I'm guessing it may be related to Achilles tendon issues that I've been battling for around four months (being kept at bay by heel drops, stretching and ice). Both the Achilles tendon and the sore part of the foot are stiff first thing in the morning and if I sit for long periods. I've had the pain since early Jan. For the last few days it I've been getting something similar in the right foot too, but not yet so persistent.

2. ... Maybe I should make this a separate post..

Any advice will be appreciated,

Thanks
    if it's not too obvious see a physio/podiatrist...what any one says on here is guess work with the best will in the world.

I don't think there are any physios. in Gabon. If there are, they are all in the capital, which is two days drive away.

Any other suggestions, guesswork or not, are welcome.

I recently had some mild Plantar Fascia problems. The pain is just in front of your heel bone on the sole of your foot. With Plantar Fascia it's a couple of months off, start the heel drops after some good rest.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

The pain is more towards the back of the heel/sole but I suppose it could still be the plantar fascia that's casuing it rather than the achilles. Flying to England (as per your reply to the other issue) simply isn't an option. Time off running I suppose is, however reluctantly - I've no other exercise options here.
    Thanks.