Page 90 of 109 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Rombalds Stride

Did you miss my tumble TC ;-)

_|_
    ./\.

Thanks for sharing Charlie. Having watched your following Chevin Chase 2015 vid, I take back my comment about it being muddy! Wow!

Thanks for the video, Charlie.

I agree with the 'hats off' to the marshals for standing out for hours in that, especially later when it got even worse.

Also hats off to SportSunday for turning out to photograph us all, in two locations as well. Here's the link to them: http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/rombalds-stride-2016

What happened Adnan?

I took a tumble on Rombald's Moor. You know the bog that used to bounce like a water bed then they put flagstones across it a year or two back? I predicted that they'd get assimilated. Just as I was about to land on the first (visible) flagstone my right foot fell into a bottomless bog and I stumbled onto my left knee, scraping it and my shin on an assimilation. It's started and I bear the scars to prove it. Just like after The Hebden last month, a raking-out of knee wound with fingernail in the bath followed later.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    What happened Adnan?

I took a tumble on Rombald's Moor. You know the bog that used to bounce like a water bed then they put flagstones across it a year or two back? I predicted that they'd get assimilated. Just as I was about to land on the first (visible) flagstone my right foot fell into a bottomless bog and I stumbled onto my left knee, scraping it and my shin on an assimilation. It's started and I bear the scars to prove it. Just like after The Hebden last month, a raking-out of knee wound with fingernail in the bath followed later.
    Sounds painful that Nick. Mines was more like a You've Been Framed moment.

Last year at Rombalds Stride about half way where you turn right to go over the stile. I just started to increase the pace from the checkpoint to catch Tony and another guy so didn't see the stile coming and decided to jump over the fence sideways. I placed my hand on fence post and leaped in to the air but the post was too loose, knocked my balance and my foot caught the top barbed wire and I was heading head first over the rocks but somehow managed to spun myself 90 degree mid air and landed on my backside tumbling down and back on my feet. Tony was just behind me and witnessed the whole thing. He was in a Shock but I just sped off never to be seen again. I ran the 2nd half faster and moved up quite a few places

Here's your picture of the place.

15865774873_19395eeef2_h.jpg

And that's what I tried to do

Jumping-fence-31.jpg

Tony was like

tony.jpg
    Last edited by Adnan Khan; 09-02-2016 at 02:46 PM.

_|_
    ./\.

That was evocative. I can picture it vividly. What doesn't compute with me is how you had enough energy for such a display by that stage. When I get there it's as much as I can do to hoist myself over the stile and stumble down the other side in clumsy exhaustion.

I wonder when the results will be out? I'll keep checking.....

ha yes, I sure missed it Adnan. I just witnessed it absolutely dumbfounded, seeing a runner suddenly decide to do a Superman over the fence and hurtling towards the rocks
    Felt sure my race was done and I'd be attending a wounded eejut until the air ambulance came !! but no, pumped up on adrenaline, you disappeared off into the distance!!! Impressed at your mid-air acrobatics to avoid the rocks, I never actually saw you land. You can beat me at Haworth Hobble in a few weeks?

Hmm - deep bogs masquerading as flagstones covered in muddy water. We've all been there Nick :-D

and still no results..

Moves are afoot on the Rombald's Stride website. I think the results are imminent.

Anyone seen results from the Rombalds yet ?

Still not up.

Couple of friends and I are doing Grindleford Gallop this year for a change, so you are save Tony PS not as fit since L100 injuries
    Last edited by Adnan Khan; 16-02-2016 at 05:29 PM.

_|_
    ./\.