Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Rombalds Stride

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post

It was my tenth time yesterday and I volunteered to act as chaperone to a first timer. That made for a slow time .
    Surely a non-sequitur?

If the novice had been, say, Ricky Lightfoot you might have had a PB?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Achieving a PB these days would require the intervention of a major deity. I'm afraid that even the pacing services of Ricky Lightfoot would not be sufficient.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Wasn't there some "funny business" at the finish, with the "real winner" not realising that you actually finished back inside the school?

My 3rd time at Rombolds and smashed my best time by 28mins. Great wet run but didn't really notice it as I was pushing hard all the way. Been upping my weekly Milanese and it defo paid off. Very happy with 3:38. Next year aiming under 3:30. Well done to the top runners. Was very boggy and leg sapping.

That's supposed to say mileage lol.

I wouldn't say funny business, but Graham said that he and Jack had a sprint finish which led to Jack arriving through the school gates ahead of Graham only to slow down not realizing that the finishing line is in effect the desk inside. I expect we'll see Graham shown as first finisher but both of them with the same time. Jo Baxter wasn't far behind either. Good to see such a close run from the three of them, all of them top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Wasn't there some "funny business" at the finish, with the "real winner" not realising that you actually finished back inside the school?

Quote Originally Posted by Toyota_Crown View Post
    yep I'm in thanks to Harry & Tony ta.

Is that you Coal Humping in your avatar?!?!
    Good to chat over dinner afterwards. Glad you got a place. It was a nice wet run out, wasn't it? Thankfully the rain was only light and the wind didn't get up until well after we'd finished. That was my 17th consecutive completion. I suspect I'll be back.

Yes, that was the 150m uphill coal sack race after Padfield Plum Fair Scamper last September. The sack weighed 25kg and the hill was steep.

By far my slowest Rombalds but just so impressed with the volunteers standing out for so long in that dirty weather.

My highlight was the walker at the start in a kilt,gaiters and with a pair of Yaktrax tied to the back of his rucksack ???

yep, fair play to the marshals (y)

wow Nick - 17th consecutive and all finishes is oarsum

that was probably the muddiest race I've ever done. and I've done a few! Still, there were places like the flags across Rombalds and the road sections where time could be made up using more forgiving shoes but I'm glad I opted for full grip, even if having to try outrun my rival down the road to the finish for that vital 35th place was the last thing I wanted to do (ouch).

on my first trail race (Belvoir Challenge) I made the mistake of not realising the finish line was checking in at the desk too, easy novice mistake to make when your coming from a road running background (oh the shame!).

Not the most exciting video, but a small record of the day.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdPEfXV4zeQ