Thread: salomon X tour pearl trl

salomon X tour pearl trl

Anyone ran in these before? Available cheap on ebay and I was looking at getting them with a view to use them specifically for 3peaks and long training runs...

Hello. I recently bought a pair of the X Tour Lite which appear to be pretty much identical to the Pearl. They are oddest running shoes I've ever worn. Took them on a 5 mile test run around local farm tracks and field edges and it felt like I was running in a pair of leather office shoes. Just didn't resemble running shoes at all, road, trail, fell or otherwise. They were so bad in fact that I spent twenty minutes searching the internet looking to see if there were any rumours of fakes circulating.

Look very snazzy down the pub mind, a role to which they have now been relegated. Which is the main thing.

I was wondering about fakes as it seemed odd to get a new pair of Salomon for 38quid. ... hmmm rabbit off I wonder

I think that they're probably the real thing it's just that they are a bit crap which is a shame really as I normally get on well with Salomon shoes. Ultimately I think that they've just been designed badly for a market - Citytrail apparently - that may well exist only in the fertile minds of their marketing deptartment. I'm not even sure what that is, yuppie park runs?

I bought mine because they were dirt cheap and thought I would find a use for them. Bit of a waste in the end but each to their own though the complete lack of reviews on the internet suggests that they haven't bothered pushing them much...