Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which GPS watch

I bought a Garmin 620 with HRM from Amazon just this week as the little Forerunner10 I have been using just can't cope with the longer runs I'm doing now. I normally use Handtec for GPS kit but found that Amazon were a little cheaper this time and I had a few vouchers to use up.

From only doing a few runs, I have found it a little over-complicated for what it needs to do. It buzzes and beeps with alarms but at the moment I don't know why or what needs to be switched off! I'll sort it out with time,

For an everyday watch, I find the finish on the cheap side. My usual day to day Casio (shockproof, waterproof, radio-controlled time update) feels far better quality and more comfortable to wear.

You could have a Garmin 310XT for £125 on Amazon. I like this watch so much I have bought a 2nd one. The only box it won't tick for you is, you wouldn't wear it in daily life, but with so many excellent and cheap watches available for that, I don't see the need to wear one's Garmin all the time. The 310XT has amazing battery life (I've had it out walking for 17 hours, with no sign of fading), is guaranteed waterproof even when immersed, and can be used for swimming and cycling. It transfers wirelessly to an ANT stick for Garmin Connect.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Hi Richard,

This is what I have got, its good enough for a decent day out without recharging. I did the Fred Whitton which took me almost nine hours and there was still a bit of battery left at the end. I don't have an HRM either just not my kettle of fish, have enough to worry about.

Dan

Ps you up for Orchan Rocks this year

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    Hi Richard,

This is what I have got, its good enough for a decent day out without recharging. I did the Fred Whitton which took me almost nine hours and there was still a bit of battery left at the end. I don't have an HRM either just not my kettle of fish, have enough to worry about.

Dan

I doubt it sorry - be in bits after the Three Peaks
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Hi Richard,

Dan

You haven't said WHAT you have got. Now I'm curious.

Hi Richard,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Forerunner 220

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Gone for the Garmin FR220 on Handtec £152 all in without HRM.

I almost went for the Ambit 2R which is similar price point but I think it lacks a little technology and we'll probably see Suunto improve it shortly by adding bluetooth at least.
    I have DTM!
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I have DTM!
    I also have a Montane Minimus Jacket to replace my long in the tooth Berghaus (that I still love)and the minimus looks pretty good.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

After a bit of research I've just ordered a Garmin FR220 from Sportshoes for £129. An absolute steal having looked at all the others I reckon. Intrigued by "live tracking". Think the missus may be interested in this function too & why my runs always finish at a pub.