Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which GPS watch

Ambit 2 hands down. Top kit. I've had garmin in the past, cheap quality in comparison.

Brilliant piece of kit, I agree - it's the need for internet connectivity to load routes to it that lets it down, imo - I've put another post on here somewhere which allows the track to be downloaded after a run without connectivity, but you can't do the reverse. It's a shame, 'cos it lets it down.
    The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...

Tony Vardy

one of the reasons I stick with my Forerunner 305 is that I can connect via USB to my android tablet using the Sportablet app.
    Liberates me from the home PC

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    Ambit 2 hands down. Top kit. I've had garmin in the past, cheap quality in comparison.
    I have a Suunto Core Red from about 2010 and whilst it feels more solid I have to say that I have been a little disappointed by the watch which was £240 new.
    Within the 2 year warranty I was out on a run, with my watch under my Ron Hill jacket, it was light rain. At around 4 miles I checked my watch and it was off, and had condensation behind the glass.
    To be fair, they took it back to Finland and replaced.
    However, when I had the same problem about a year later, they advised that it was out of the 2 year warranty, as they worked from my original purchase date.
    This keeps happening, I still use the watch, but when it goes I have to leave it over a month before it dries out ready to be used again.
    The batteries also go quickly.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I've got an ambit3 on the way. Hope they've improved from that!