Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recce without scree

How about trying to run more slowely, it doesn't have to be much, if any, faster than walking but try to keep running at this pace for longer, say 1 hour. You will naturally get faster and be able to run for longer but I do think it helps to keep running rather than reduce to a walk except on anything very steep.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Mark, remember that for mortals the BGR is basically a quick walk/jog rather than a run - the average speed including time spent at road crossings is under 3mph. So you should (depends on how you feel of course) head out for quite a while and only "run" for a few minutes at a time but it would depend on how much each bit of running took it out of you - you wouldn't want to be totally knackered out at the far end of an out and back.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Super Moderator
    Langdale Pikes and round to top of the Band is a nice outing, up Willie Wife Moor and round back to Dunmail c/w or out from Honister acw also nice ways to get a feel of what's involved
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hi Mark
    Are you the Mark Robinson once known as "Protodoc"?
    Simon

Hi simon, never been known by that name as far as I'm aware so likely someone else!

Cheers
    Mark

Super Moderator
    The Mark Robinson once known as "Protodoc" is still known as "Protodoc" Simon
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hi Mark
    Got any definite dates for April yet? I'll see if i can come out for a jog with you.
    Simon

Hi simon, that sounds like fun and very good of you. Although I must warn you I'm non too fast at the moment and it may be more of a hike in many places! I'm in Keswick evening of 13th-16th April. Any times/days that suit?

Hi Mark
    Thursday 16th is the only day I can make. I'll send you a private message soon.
    Simon