Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Today's Spotify Playlist

Softie! Thought you'd knocked it on the head old lad.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar
    Here you go, Afro-beat playlist ( not stuck rigidly to strict Afro-beat definition), work in progress...

http://open.spotify.com/user/garyufm...EwdF3ig1nzeuAv

I know you can open these up for people to add to. Not sure if I've done that here. Feel free to add if you can.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Softie! Thought you'd knocked it on the head old lad.

Mr B, how do?

No, I'm still knocking around. Lost my way as I struggled with injuries, playing instead with heavy weights. But *touches wood* (steady now) appear to be fine having survived a 50k last weekend in reasonably fine fettle. Just need to find where I hid what little pace I once had!

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Mr B, how do?

No, I'm still knocking around. Lost my way as I struggled with injuries, playing instead with heavy weights. But *touches wood* (steady now) appear to be fine having survived a 50k last weekend in reasonably fine fettle. Just need to find where I hid what little pace I once had!
    I think like me you've discvovered the limit of your knees. You're doing well with 50k, i'm coming back from a huge crash involving kneecap cartilage problems and currently around 5mls a week. The last 2.5yrs have been utter murder and i've learnt just how bad the broad condition commonly known as 'Runner's Knee' can actually get. I'm just one of the unlucky ones with shit knees and that's the way it is, if i play it cool i might see double figures with a bike ride here and there. It's enough to run a leg of the Fell Relays again which will do.

Super Moderator
    Funkees ftw
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Funkees ftw
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I think like me you've discvovered the limit of your knees. You're doing well with 50k, i'm coming back from a huge crash involving kneecap cartilage problems and currently around 5mls a week.
    Sorry to hear about your plight Mr B, sounds utterly frustrating, and I can relate to that with my experience the last couple of years. But my problem is slightly different, as it was ITB. This means it was all correctable with the right work: a bit of strengthening here, a bit of stretching there, work on my neuromuscular pathways... So far, seems to have done the trick.

And by all that, I mean I don't yet think I've found my knees' limit. Hopefully am just starting to explore what my body's capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Sorry to hear about your plight Mr B, sounds utterly frustrating, and I can relate to that with my experience the last couple of years. But my problem is slightly different, as it was ITB. This means it was all correctable with the right work: a bit of strengthening here, a bit of stretching there, work on my neuromuscular pathways... So far, seems to have done the trick.

And by all that, I mean I don't yet think I've found my knees' limit. Hopefully am just starting to explore what my body's capable of.
    I've had that aswell, Glutes Medius recruitment and stretch the Tensor is what had the biggest impact for me.