Thread: Exe to Axe

Exe to Axe

Apologies if a thread for this race already exist but I can't seem to find one.

Exe to Axe....At 21.5 miles and 4000ft it's a point to point race starting from Exmouth and finishing in Seaton. The Axe comes from the river Axe that runs into Seaton. The vast majority of the race is ran along the coastal path.

Before the race I was speaking to a local runner and he said times are usually slower than your marathon time. In fact he runs a 2.50hr marathon but has yet to break sub 3 on this race.....blimey it's gonna be a toughie was my thinking.

The first 13 miles are undulating but nothing too steep. The next 8 miles are undulating and bloody steep.

Given the weather of late we were actually lucky today. It was horrible before the start and cleared up nicely once we'd started. Pretty windy but it always felt like it was in your favour...result.

I finished just over 3hrs, in 12th place, happy with that considering I'm used to more technical terrain and this race required me to actually run.

Special mention for the latest female fell running star, Annie Conway. She had an incredible run and I believe she finished 2nd overall.

Many thanks to all involved.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

undercover moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Exe to Axe....At 21.5 miles and 4000ft it's a point to point race starting from Exmouth and finishing in Seaton. The Axe comes from the river Axe that runs into Seaton. The vast majority of the race is ran along the coastal path.
    I still managed to get lost when I did it.

You didn't have the required navigational aids... 'Land' and 'Sea' inked onto the back of your hands with arrows pointing in the appropriate directions.. just don't make a mistake and get the hands the wrong way round else there's no stopping you until Lands End!
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"