Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended trail shoes?

Just started running in trailroc 245. Compared to roclites they have better grip with less cushioning. Seem good on all surfaces including wet descents.

sorry for late reply. I don't wear adidas, puma or asics, but the saucony seem to be true to size and I take the same in saucony as I do in inov8. I find I need to go up a size or half with New Balance compared to everything else I wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    Benshep, how do Saucony compare in sizing with Adidas (or NB, Asics, Puma, More Miles)? It's a long time since I had any Saucony and I can't remember what size I needed. (If you have US sizings, so much the better as I will have to order from the USA).
    Thanks.

glad to hear that Will, as I've just bought some half price from sports pursuit. only downside is the waiting time for delivery as they have to wait till their flash sale ends before they delivery, so may just be too late for three peaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    Just started running in trailroc 245. Compared to roclites they have better grip with less cushioning. Seem good on all surfaces including wet descents.

I've also started running in a pair of Trailrocs (255s). I would agree there's not much cushioning - more akin to a fell shoe truth be told - but the grip does seem good and they're very comfy. Don't know if they're a long distance shoe yet, I'll have to test them properly.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

I've had a couple of pairs of Saucony Peregrine and agree that they're really good.

But have just bought a pair of Adidas Adizero XT as I couldn't find the Peregine on offer and didn't want to pay £85 and I'd really recommend them.

Didn't know they did Adizeros in trail shoes. I use the road version if I do a road race and they're great, and the trail version seems just as good.

Tried Kanadias once, but thought they were a bit too bulky, so the Adizeros would be good for anyone looking for something a bit more minimal (but not too minimal).
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    I've also started running in a pair of Trailrocs (255s). I would agree there's not much cushioning - more akin to a fell shoe truth be told - but the grip does seem good and they're very comfy. Don't know if they're a long distance shoe yet, I'll have to test them properly.
    Alternated 255s with Roclite 295s last year as design seemed a good long trail shoe for dryer trails of my area (more forefoot cushioning than 295s I believe?). Considering the weight they worked very well on anything from very short to 30's, 50's and even an 85 miler. Like you say maybe there are more cushioned shoes out there, but good for the lighter runners or for those who there's a limit to how much feel they want to sacrifice. Only found the grip wanting the once on a undulator on a very muddy spring day with a few cambered trails on route (even with the bigger lugs not sure roclites would have been massively better that day). For most spring/summer/autumn conditions these are excellent. Not tried the inov8 ultra's, but reckon these may be better for the long'uns on more undulating and muddy stuff.

Just taken the plunge on some Roclite 280's. Look a great shoe & I have always got on well with the Roclite range. £61, so just about within budget!

Went for Saucony Cohesion in the end. Mainly because they were a good price - didn't want anything expensive when so uncertain how they'll stand up to the climate. It will interesting to see how they turn out as I didn't find many reviews. Thanks for the suggestions though.