Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Spinks BG 4/4

Nicky Spinks BG 4/4

This Saturday Nicky Spinks​ is off to get the cumulative rounds record, Nicky needs to get the Bob Graham round done in 17.21 or less. Start time 4.00am Moot Hall on Saturday. Tracking live here http://spinks.opentracking.co.uk/ more details here http://team.inov-8.com/nicky-spinks-...g-inspiration/

Keep well everyone.
    James

Diabetes is not an excuse its a reason www.howfast.org

Good luck Nicky. Underfoot conditions are very wet at the moment but hopefully Saturday will be dry with light winds.

Super Moderator
    Huge amounts of water in the fields across the Southern Dales on today's drive to Lancaster and back, plus very strong winds and what looked like some snow in Lakeland. Very best of luck Nicky
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Due to the ever changing weather forecasts the attempt is likely to move to Sunday now. Fingers crossed that the weather gods will be kind.

Nicky is really grateful for all the good wishes and wishes to thank everybody for their amazing support. If anyone is planning to come to the road crossings or even see her through any of the tops then be prepared for a mini cyclone to match the recent weather conditions. She probably won't even see anyone as she will be so focused on the job in hand and her schedule only allows for two minutes break at each leg changeover. Please give her and her supporters lots of space :-) Also please don't be tempted to try and run along with her as this can make the challenge more difficult. Her supporters themselves have very strict instructions and non-compliance leads to forfeiture of lemon drizzle cake and beer.

It would be good to get photos of everybody though so that she can look back and see who was there as it will genuinely mean a great deal to her.

Many thanks and keeping everything crossed
    Charmian Heaton

In the Lakes for the JK, may try and get out to give some (well spaced out) cheers at some point. Remember watching her into Keswick at the end of the last record, good to watch.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Viewed from across Morecambe bay today, there seams to be a lot of snow on the higher peaks and ridges. Red screes (not on the round I know, but in the way) had what looked like a dusting on the very top, higher than that there seamed quite a lot. Hopefully it will melt fast and dry up.

Good luck to Nicky and all involved. Has anyone got info on a start time? And is there a "just giving" page set up?

Super Moderator
    4am Sunday start now
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by philblack40 View Post
    Good luck to Nicky and all involved. Has anyone got info on a start time? And is there a "just giving" page set up?
    Just giving page is here

https://www.justgiving.com/Nicola-SPINKS1/

more news on the innovate website.

keep an eye on dark peaks page as well the tracker.

I'm on leg two...hopefully I can keep up..

Looking forward to following this record breaking attemt! It'll give me something to keep the mind off this man flu. Wish I could go up to see her finish!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!