Thread: Garmin Ant+ problem

Garmin Ant+ problem

I am having a problem transferring data from Garmin 310XT using the Ant+ stick. It used to work fine up until last week but the laptop is not recognising the Ant+ stick on any of its USB ports. As far as I know nothing has changed. On Garmin Express I get the message, "It looks like there isn't an ANT Stick connected. Make sure your ANT Stick is plugged in to your computer's USB port and try again."

I've contacted Garmin support but haven't heard back yet.

Any ideas?!

That watch drives me nuts, why they did't add data to the damn charging cable!
    I've found this to be the only reliable way to upload from it http://www.sportablet.com/mobile-garmin-uploader.html - it requires an android device.
    Other than that, uninstall - reboot - reinstall - repeat until it works.

Thanks. Do you mean uninstall Garmin Express or the ANT+ stick drivers? If drivers, any idea where they are?

I've never had a problem like this before. It's simply stopped working!?

Thanks,

Rob

My guess, although I am far from an expert, would be that it is a driver problem because the software is complaining that it cannot find the ANT device rather than it not finding the watch. Sometimes this happens after a software update or an OS update.

You may also want to see whether your ANT+ device is recognised in another computer.

Are you using Windows? If so, it seems you can view your drivers in "Device Manager" (just start typing it once you press the Windows key) and the driver may be under "libusb-" or "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

This link may be helpful: http://support.trainerroad.com/hc/en...roubleshooting

I hope that helps!

Master
    This - or something very similar - happened to my 310XT after an update - Garmin suggested several solutions but none worked and I ended up sending it back - it was just within the 12 month warranty period. I replaced it with a 610 - which has its own set of problems - dodgy strap and reverse charging being the main ones.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Mike T; 01-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Loads of people having trouble with 310XT since the clocks changed, some saying it happens every year with the clocks change. Not sure what the solution is though, sorry !

The ant stick just isn't recognised - the computer doesn't make that sound when I plug it in. I spoke to Garmin and they are sending a new stick...

Anyone know how much data a 310xt can hold before it starts overwriting training sessions??

1,000 laps. you'll get a low memory warning before then, though