Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Weasdale horseshoe

Weasdale horseshoe

Please can an forumites help-I am at work at dont have my FRA handbook with me to get the address to enter Weasdale. Time is short as they need to be in by the 11th and I need the addresss where we post the entries to. Does anyone know this?

david

Re: Weasdale horseshoe

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately due to the F&M debacle, the Ravenstonedale show has been cancelled.
    So I'm afraid you can't bring your prize marrows, bantams and hand carved shepherding crooks along.
    On a more serious note, I visited the organiser last night who told me that the race will definitely still be on and that he had taken around 320 pre-entries.
    See you all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleplodder View Post
    Unfortunately due to the F&M debacle, the Ravenstonedale show has been cancelled.
    So I'm afraid you can't bring your prize marrows, bantams and hand carved shepherding crooks along.
    On a more serious note, I visited the organiser last night who told me that the race will definitely still be on and that he had taken around 320 pre-entries.
    See you all there.
    Thats a real shame, my red onions are huge at the moment. I was looking forward to getting them out at the show. If I dont air them regularly the outer skin seems to go a bit mouldy and wrinkled. Never mind I 'll just have to get them out in the privacy of my own home as usual.
    On a serious note, have you any idea where this race goes, any maps, or shall I just follow you like at Angus.

I bet my red onions would beat them and thats not even mentioning my beetroot WOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Keycock View Post
    Thats a real shame, my red onions are huge at the moment. I was looking forward to getting them out at the show. If I dont air them regularly the outer skin seems to go a bit mouldy and wrinkled. Never mind I 'll just have to get them out in the privacy of my own home as usual.
    On a serious note, have you any idea where this race goes, any maps, or shall I just follow you like at Angus.
    Aha, I think you've revealed yourself Donald.
    Much as you were doing in the Borrowdale marquee.
    Looked like more than just male bonding to me!
    Admiring Ben's sweaty pecs were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleplodder View Post
    Aha, I think you've revealed yourself Donald.
    Much as you were doing in the Borrowdale marquee.
    Looked like more than just male bonding to me!
    Admiring Ben's sweaty pecs were you?
    I cant remember any like that-just had a nice run around the Borrowdale then a couple of quiet pints with a few mates. Unless you know different.

How do we find out if our entries got through? Is there an entry list anywhere?

Spoke to a Howgill local last night (he was out for his umpteenth reccy).
    He said there were 370 odd entries accepted so far.
    I would imagine that the limit would be 500, if other races are anything to go by, so I'd reckon that if you sent it off in time you are in.
    I hazard that this will be won by some road running racing snake, no scree, no rocks, every step runnable. Bummer.