Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Weasdale horseshoe

Re: Weasdale horseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Are you Manx guys coming over for the relays again, and is Allan coming this time?
    Yeah. By the sound of it, I think we may have 2 teams for the relays this year - looking forward to it.

As for AllanT...

Results already up, that was quick!
    http://www.ukresults.net/2007/weasdale.html

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I don't think Allan T exists! We see lots of Manx runners over here from time to time but never Allan T.
    I think a race organiser should fund Allans trip accross to the mainland. His presence at a fell race would surely bring in the crowds as people would come for the intrigue factor!
    Last edited by A.G; 18-08-2007 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A.G View Post
    I think a race organiser should fund Allans trip accross to the mainland. His presence at a fell race would surely bring in the crowds as people would come for the intrigue factor!

And all those with daughters should be warned to stay away!!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Well done to the team of organisers, the show committee and the refreshments team for an excellent event despite the weather. Mind you tea, butties and cakes are always better after a wet run like this.
    A circular route mostly downhill

Was there some navigational difficulties?

I note Mickleson-Barron, Davies and Cornforth, incidentally all Borrowdale runners, coming in 58th, 59th and 60th respectively.

Or were they just having a jollie?
    Why walk when you can run.

brilliant running from v60 sheila mcnulty from radcliffe. well done...again!!!

"Last weekend the English Fell Championship moved to Weasdale near Ravenstonedale. A race unknown to most fellrunners it proved to be an inspired selection with a down hill run from Green Bell, the last of three climbs, that went on forever. Even in the rain every runner must have felt sublime joy to be alive and doubly so to be a fell runner. This event will become a classic."

Ilkley Gazette 23rd August 2007

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post
    "Last weekend the English Fell Championship moved to Weasdale near Ravenstonedale. A race unknown to most fellrunners it proved to be an inspired selection with a down hill run from Green Bell, the last of three climbs, that went on forever. Even in the rain every runner must have felt sublime joy to be alive and doubly so to be a fell runner. This event will become a classic."

That's a heck of a premonition GB!!! I'm almost tempted to drive up to Ilkley next week to secure my copy!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamB View Post

To true.... Graham & very well said!

A “great event” today.... after/in difficult (F&M) circumstances...
    Thought that we in the fell-running community knew that we had made many friends, after a particularly worrying time for many who's lives are totally dependent with the countryside & special places, which we are able to enjoy at our leisure…..
    As for the course, super, fast and far far to (horribly) runnable for aged unfit fatties like me..
    Many Thanks to Fraser & the Good Folks of Ravenstonedale/Weasdale/Newbiggin..
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..