Thread: Round the Resers 2015

Round the Resers 2015

There is a great summer road/trail race on Wed 17th June- Tintwistle Gale Round the Resers. The race is an accurately measured undulating 5 mile run around Vale House Reservoir in the scenic Longdendale Valley.

Cost is £8 pre entry/ £10 on the night. On line entries can be gained from: www.race-results.co.uk

All profits goes to Pancreatic Cancer UK.

Some great prizes too.
    Oh when the blues...go marching in...

Keep meaning to have a go at this. Is it a similar kind of thing to Dovestone Diamond / Millbrook Monster?

Tintwistle Gale? Are you expecting wind?

I've just entered this; ran it last year for the first time and loved it. I remember what a hot evening it was.

Master
    Rasher - RtR is akin to the terrain of the second half of Dovestone Diamond (i.e. no moorland section). After a 0.5mile tarmac section from the Waterboard head office north of Bottoms Reservoir to the dam between Bottoms and Valehouse reservoirs, it is then two anticlockwise laps of Valehouse Reservoir finishing back at the dam. Half way around each lap there is a short traily kick-up hill to ascend to the south end of the top dam of Valehouse, flat crossing over the dam, with a corresponding short descent at the north end of the dam crossing.

A very popular race with local clubs in East and South Manchester, often part of several individual Club Champs.
    Hope to make it - work allowing.