Thread: Asics Gel Fuji Runnegade

Asics Gel Fuji Runnegade

Anyone tried this shoe ? What's the sizing and fitting like? Looks quite good for fell running and not the most expensive. Will be good for training runs.

_|_
    ./\.

Ordered a pair. Nearly all sizes gone since I posted.

_|_
    ./\.

Ran in them couple of times. So far so good. Bargain for anyone with 6.5 Uk Size

_|_
    ./\.

Tried a new pair of these today straight out of the box and onto 15 miles of snow, mud and hills!

They are superb - grip is excellent and the built in gaiter to keep the crud out worked a treat and definitely worth the little bit of extra effort needed to put them on. The minimal upper design really helps them shed snow and mud and makes them easy to rinse off after. Cushioning is just about right for an off-road shoe and they were comfortable from the off, with just a bit of tweaking of the laces needed to get the tension right and a tiny bit of rubbing on one toe at about 14M in. They are also light - my 7.5 comes in at 263g - and fit is very similar to my Roclites. The upper looks pretty bomb-proof, but only time will tell on this one!

Oh, and I got them for just £50 - bargain!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Anyone tried this shoe ? What's the sizing and fitting like? Looks quite good for fell running and not the most expensive. Will be good for training runs.
    Perfect for any soft or deep mud runs.used them for a very wet muddy Spartan Race, and they were perfect.

Update on these after returning to them for the winter mud! Around 350 miles in and still going strong. Bit of wear on the studs and some stitching coming adrift on the outer flex points, but still plenty of life left in them and given they have spent their lives covered in wet mud, that's pretty good going. Overall they are hard to fault as a winter shoe for running in mud, as the grip well and keep the majority of the crud out.

They have also got the Runnegade two out, which I've picked up for £50 from Wiggle for when the current ones wear out/ They:

- look much better (black and fluro green, with less overlays)
    - are a tad lighter (245g for my UK 7.5)
    - have a black sole unit, which I hope will be better on wet rock than the yellow sole - it feels stickier but yet to be tested
    - the neoprene sock is welded to the heel of the shoe rather than stitched, so there is no join to rub the heel, which was a minor issue before
    - they have a "Plasma Guard" coating. Some sort of DWR treatment, but not sure how well that will last.

I think the runnegade is a great shoe really. The fit around the ankle from the neoprene sock is so snug as to stop even small scree getting in. The grip is mudclaw-esque no doubt and I think even grippier on wet rock. The only thing I might say is the uppers aren't really that strong but for £55?

Not sure Damian - no rand, but I've now gotten 450M out of mine, with some to go, with only a couple of small rips. That#s more than I've got out of Mudclaws that have spent their life wet and muddy. Not sure about the new ones, but the yellow soled version is definitely NOT as good as the sticky rubber on a Mudclaw on wet rock though! I love the neoprene sock though for keeping out the cack!

Another shoe I rate highly are the Haglofs! But then it figures really, they're owned by Asics I think.

Hmmm. After just 120 miles, I can report the new Runnegade does not seems as robust as the old one unfortunately. The upper is splitting at flex points in multiple places on both shoes. Disappointing after the quality of the first pair.