Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Settle Hills

yes my first time at Settle Hills too, I enjoyed it. There was a guy taking photos at around the 2 mile point. I expect they will appear on the Settle Harriers website in due course

Quote Originally Posted by Backo2 View Post
    ...Does anyone know whether any photos were taken?
    One hereā€¦

The leader (in red) is just about to go over the skyline

Settle Hills
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr

Cheers Andy, Fantastic picture! I’m just about managing to keep my grip on Mr Goldie’s coat-tails at that point..... I lost that grip soon after the last steep descent ha. I must have had my head down for the majority of that climb as it doesn’t seem familiar at all.

I'm in that, just below the top crag in red.

Results are up http://www.settleharriers.org/result...le_sen_15.html

This one is coming up on Sunday. Never done the race before but I've run the route a few times since moving to the area last year. A mixture of steep climbs and runnable terrain. First Settle Harriers race for me since I joined the club.

Quote Originally Posted by wjb View Post
    This one is coming up on Sunday. Never done the race before but I've run the route a few times since moving to the area last year. A mixture of steep climbs and runnable terrain. First Settle Harriers race for me since I joined the club.
    Looking forward to doing this one again after a couple of years. Seem to remember one steep bit up to the left after a gate, but the rest was runable even for me?
    John H - Howgill Harriers

The proprietor of the Settle Down Cafe must've been pleased with themselves when they came up with that name....simple but brilliant, can't help smiling when I see a thought provoking moniker. I'd have loved to 'settle down' in Settle Down Cafe this morning but thought a full English wouldn't have settled down sufficiently pre-race.

At the race briefing we're informed there's also a mountain bike race taking place today and we'll be crossing paths with the cyclist. This we did as they came flying down our first climb...it could've been carnage but thankfully no incidents occurred. A code of conduct seemed to be applied, we stuck to the left whilst they flew down to the right..simple.

We're not long out of the town centre and it's fields, crags, limestone, hills, tracks, trods....lovely area, great running. Pretty ideal conditions especially over the limestone which can be treacherous at times. The final descent is a cracker, steep as hell. We encounter the cyclists again on the return and once again etiquette is practiced by both parties.

A quick run down the rugby field and it's over....thankfully no men with odd shaped balls are giving chase.

Thanks to all concerned.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Tindersticks: I was on the cycle event (not allowed to race on bridleways) and got to the gate at the top of the lane just as the first group came through so waited until most of you had passed - I was in a "King of the Pies" shirt I don't think the organisers of the bike event knew about the race, it was the first year the cycle event had taken place.
    Last edited by Bob; 21-06-2016 at 01:48 PM.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Hi Bob
    Cheers for the info. A few of us were wondering what the cycling event entailed...nice one.