Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DP BG machine tonight

DP BG machine tonight

Good Luck to the Dark Peak Machine tonight.

setting off this evening are 7-8 hardy souls. one has had an injury and is making a late call.

Looking cool with the odd damp/drizzle patch...breezy but at least they won't over heat.

How many Vegans have completed...we have a grass eating going tonight!!!
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 19-06-2015 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Good Luck to the Dark Peak Machine tonight.

setting off this evening are 7-8 hardy souls. one has had an injury and is making a late call.

Looking cool with the odd damp/drizzle patch...breezy but at least they won't over heat.

How many Vegans have completed...we have a grass eating going tonight!!!
    What time is it setting off Ian??

I think they go at 7pm. Ian is the guro on Leg 2 in the dark.

Super Moderator
    6-45? Ian's ace "fancy a little shortcut?". Good luck to everyone having a run out tonight
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Brief report.

we got 8 out of 9 round in 24 hours.
    well up on Leg 1, Thick clag on leg 2. I had 20 runners and support so we kept it tight finish a further 8 minutes up but all together.
    They lost time around Scafell on the wet rocks and still in clag and a bit more on L4 in heavy rain.
    the sun came out on L5 for a dash to moot hall

Pete Fraser-Smith was first back followed by the 3 Dark Peak Ladies and Penny Collier and Sarah Broad Hurst.
    Hannah Saville was the third "lady" at 17 years old the youngest female to complete we believe 23.30

James Pierce of Penistone, Rich Bradbury(Filthy Rich)and Lewis Ashton followed shortly afterwards which left a tense wait for Michael Bourne to sprint up the street and nearly collapse with a minute to spare.

Hard luck to Steve Saunders who would definitely have finished but for a bad fall on his knee...he will be back soon.

The machine performed fantastically yet again led by our chief engineer..Richard Hakes, BG organiser par excellence.. .

Ian, one of DPR got in touch with me yesterday about Hannah. To be honest - I've no idea as to the youngest female completer. A bit of work for Wynn and myself before the dinner! Well done to one and all.

I was biking in the Back o' Skiddaw today and there were several runners coming down off Skiddaw towards Hare Crag just after midday, No registered attempts correlate with the time so it was either a recce or a delayed attempt.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Bob I seen you on your bike for me it was just a reccee although I did have an excellent run best part of 3legs after nightshift yesterday ready for the of now will be in touch

Super Moderator
    Well done Ian and the DP Machine
    Poacher turned game-keeper

20 runners and support is 3 peak territory but cracking effort to those who got round.

Not my cup of tea in terms of approach but the ground still has to be covered so well done all

Well done IDP and all the Dark Peak Machine. Unfortunately couldn't make it nor am I fit for even a leg at the moment after my accident!
    Scott Jurek has done the BG and he is a Vegan! (Also one crazy ultra runner!)

I can tell you all this, there's something magical about the night leg on the Dark Peak round. Just something about the feeling of running through the night with fellow club members and the cameraderie, it's something else!

Well done all.. See you soon!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!