Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: http://www.englishhillrun

I fail to see why we need the E.H.R ? Seems like a few rebels have it in there head the F.R.A is shit. If someone could give me facts that the F.R.A aint up to it or we need another body please do.

In my job we have a Union (which am no big fan of anyway) and never thought they did bugger all for us. But then I started doing a health & safety role for them and you see behinds the seen stuff and what they do,and how hard they work. It's easy to critasize when am guessing very few people know what they do.

Why can't the F.R.A just split from U.K.A ?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    This is all too intangible for me. Perhaps you could help me. If this organisation were an animal it would be...
    An otter.

Quote Originally Posted by William Clough View Post
    An otter.
    Agile and perfectly adapted? Or a little fishy?

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    This is all too intangible for me. Perhaps you could help me. If this organisation were an animal it would be...
    A Vermicious Knid?
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    A Vermicious Knid?
    Quick Google search.
    In their natural form, vermicious knids are huge, dark, egg-shaped beings that are quite at home in the vacuum of space. Their homeworld is the planet Vermes, a planet located (as stated in dialogue) 184,270,000,000 miles away from Earth (this would place it at 52 times Pluto's distance). Their one weak point is that they are show-offs; they cannot resist shaping themselves to spell the word "SCRAM" - the only word they know - before they attack. Willy Wonka knows that this interval is ideal for escaping an encounter with the K'nids"

Yes that sums it up perfectly Rob.

Iain, your list is inaccurate. FRA does NOT represent Britain. Because of devolution it now only represents england.

AndyGib, your idea is the perfect solution but sadly in the Great Fellrunning Referendum, a large majority of your fellow runners voted to align WITH UKA. A small minority pointed out this would all end in tears and, lo, it has come to pass.....well tears is putting it too strongly. Its just that some english people who want fell racing to fall outside of the UKA straitjacket have decided to do something about it. The Scots and the Welsh acted over 10 years ago so the english are late to the party.

In the end whats better? A choice to run either under UKA rules or specific hill running rules or no choice at all. Runners in Scotland and Wales have had that choice for years and it seems to work fine with no drama.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Super Moderator
    Race not run Wheeze. I don't race now and if I run it's by my rules. Don't leave anyone behind, enjoy it or go home plus 12 or 13 minute miles and 3 pints per hour is fine
    Poacher turned game-keeper

What I want to know is whether the EHR web site will have a forum and, if so, how their web designer will moderate it

As Wheeze correctly states the FRA does not represent Britain. UKA represents Britain and delegates its authority to the FRA(via England Athletics), Scottish Athletics and Welsh Athletics in the respective countries. They all use the same insurance and Rules for Competition for fell running/hill running/mountain running and until 2014 I understand they all used the FRA Safety Rules/Requirements.

However for 2015 Scottish Athletics have decided not to use the FRA Safety Rules but to use those of Scottish Hill Runners(non UKA affiliated) as shown on the SA website http://www.scottishathletics.org.uk/...zing-an-event/ . UKA and their insurers must therefore have agreed to two different sets of safety requirements being used within the UKA family and both are dispayed on the UKA(British Athletics) website http://www.britishathletics.org.uk/g...e-of-practice/

Therefore even within UKA different sets of Safety Rules/Requirements are now being used.

Noel - how about a python? As in Monty. Are you the FRA? F*** off. We're the EHR.....!

Becoming a little like boxing & it's ridiculous 'World' bodies. We'll have 4 English Champions at this rate.
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you