Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackfell Race

Just a couple of things for this Saturday's Blackfell Race:

1) There will be kit checks and all runners must have the mandatory kit for an AM race details can be found here. No Kit No Run.

2) Registration is a 5 min walk from the village centre so please bring your kit with you so you can be checked when you register. This save us and you time.

3) As previously mentioned maps will be available on the day for £1.00 but you can download and print your own from here

4) Parking is limited in the village so please car share where possible.

Hope to see plenty of you on Saturday!

Results of this years Blackfell race can be found here

Blackfell is one of the best AM races around, and to be hoped that more than the 24 runners from this year will enter next year. Many will remember the area above Kettlewell from the successful Relays not long back, and the race deserves far, far more support.
    DT - Dark Peak FR.
    Last edited by Lost Lad; 03-07-2016 at 01:25 PM.

I agree. It was a proper test even with clear conditions and to say that the terrain for much of the route was rough underfoot would be something of an understatement. Because so much was completely pathless it meant there was some chance for route selection, even if only minor variations....I was close to a couple of Dark Peak runners for the second half of the race....they were clearly pound for pound better than me but I had a fine old time trying to pick slightly different lines to gain some advantage to make up for them being quicker.

It would be great to see more entrants so that this reace becomes an annual fixture in the calendar and I'd like to say a big thank you to the RO and all the marshals and others involved who made the race happen. Some of the CPs were pretty remote, very windswept and pretty chilly and the commitment of those manning them merited more than 24 runners. That said the small field made it more interesting than most races with really big fields. Even though they're all AM races, the difference between Blackfell and, say, the AW or Fairfield Horseshoe is sizeable given how big the fields are for the latter two and the fact that unless conditions are appalling it's simply a case of follow the leader. Don't get me wrong, I still loves things like the AW and a number of the other big races, but I'd also very glad that there are the Blackfells out there too.

Does anyone know if there's a limit on numbers for this one, and if so, if it's likely to be reached?

I'm aiming to be there this weekend but loathe to pre-enter as I seem to lose every other race entry to injury these days.

I'm quite tempted as well Dave and I'm trying to tempt Mr Tait. hope to see you there.