Thread: Weekend Attempts

Weekend Attempts

I was out walking The Old County Tops on Saturday and met several groups of runners attempting the BG round. I met most groups between Fairfield and Dollywaggon at around 7.30am. Only name I can remember is Jim Turner, also remember a lad descending Dollywaggon wearing black and yellow vest. Just wondering how all of these attempts finally panned out.

Jim Turner (Bowland F.R.) completed in 19:59 & 36 sec (IIRC) from a 01.00 start, clockwise.
    Changing into road shoes just above Newlands church at 20.18 (BST) , he asked how long the road section would take ..... "About 40 minutes" I replied. He got his head down & I struggled to keep contact after that. He was obviously after that sub 20.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Cheers for the encouragement on Fairfield Smoggy. Thanks to all the support from Bowland F.R. and others. The sprint down the road was painful! Great day out and very lucky with the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by JimMT View Post
    Cheers for the encouragement on Fairfield Smoggy. Thanks to all the support from Bowland F.R. and others. The sprint down the road was painful! Great day out and very lucky with the weather.
    That's a great time Jim. I thought you were looking strong on the way up Fairfield. It was great seeing all the attempts being made, truly inspiring and has resurrected the old BG ambitions in myself.