Thread: Mobile Phones-waterproof?

Mobile Phones-waterproof?

Time for a new phone. It would be handy not to have to put it in a waterproof case, use it with a gps tracker app and a decent camera when out on the hill. Some are claimed water and dust proof. Sony Z series and Samsung Galaxy 5 for instance ( but not Galaxy6?!- not paying that much anyway). Any recommendations for a mid-price phone? Ta.
    Here's to the laid back fell runner...

I like the Galaxy S5 - as you say it's water proof, has a good camera and big screen for gps apps. I's still put it in a rubber case though in case you drop it.
    Rob.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Got a Sony Z3 compact which is waterproof - been very pleased with it so far. GPS is good, screen a good size but fits nicely in the bum bag and the camera is absolutely superb.
    Of course any phone is waterproof if you put it in a plastic bag!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Richard, I use a Galaxy 5 and well you know what I get up to, it's not in a case and it's never let me down yet. It worth putting it in a rubber sleeve though if you may drop it....to stop it smashing

I've got an S5, good battery life when running a GPS app, really good camera (one of the best I've seen), and I have dropped it in a bucket of water and it's fine. Get yourself a Spigen case, best cases for the S5.
    Surely this is the last hill, right...

Thanks for replies- if the Galaxy takes what you throw at it Ian must be tough, but good to hear Sony does the job too. I was going to look at Sony smart-watch as well. It connects to your phone so you can take a call/text without having to fish the phone out of your bumbag, always annoying when it's just spam call.
    Here's to the laid back fell runner...

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Rich View Post
    Thanks for replies- if the Galaxy takes what you throw at it Ian must be tough, but good to hear Sony does the job too. I was going to look at Sony smart-watch as well. It connects to your phone so you can take a call/text without having to fish the phone out of your bumbag, always annoying when it's just spam call.
    I've had an Xperia Z since they came out. Been great and kept it at renewal of contract in Feb - the first time I've done that with a phone.
    I use Strava and have some efforts up to 5 hours on there - battery still with life in it as well.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

A bit off topic here but I'm thinking about moving away from Apple for my next phone. The one thing I'm not sure on is will I still be able to access music that I've bought on iTunes if, for example, I have a Samsung Galaxy?