Thread: Montane minimus

Montane minimus

Used my montane minimus jacket yesterday during a downpour. I would have been better off wearing nowt. I was soaked through. Looking at a replacement, is the inov8 gargoyle any good?

Hi
    Don't know this one though have had Inov8 stormshell smock and have been pleased Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by Fellrunner1975 View Post
    Used my montane minimus jacket yesterday during a downpour. I would have been better off wearing nowt. I was soaked through. Looking at a replacement, is the inov8 gargoyle any good?

Erm.. that's odd. Mine is perfect after having it out in several heavy downpours and snow! Maybe chat to Montane about it.

Same as greg_may_, no issues after much use even walking the dog. Last run I had in it, I did get a little wet, but that was mostly sweat from a hard session rather than the coat being no longer impervious.

same here, mine's been brilliant. they should replace it for you if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do. on the face of it it sounds defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Same as greg_may_, no issues after much use even walking the dog. Last run I had in it, I did get a little wet, but that was mostly sweat from a hard session rather than the coat being no longer impervious.

Montane have been superb, I have returned the jacket to them and awaiting their verdict. Can't fault them so far.

Montane are superb. One of the nicest companies to deal with out there.

I've had mine for a couple of years and it's been brilliant, kept me dry in some big downpours although like all jackets, as breathable as it is, you do get some condensation on the inside. I have cleaned mine and reproofed with Nikwax and had no problems. However the membrane on the inside is starting to come away now where the pocket rubs and where I have worn my bum bag. I wonder if that can be repaired ? might ask Montane.

Replacement jacket on the way. No quibble. Top drawer. Thank you, Montane

Funnily enough, seam started to peel on mine - went back on Monday, they've also replaced it. As ever, great service.