Thread: Shoo in for Darwin award

Shoo in for Darwin award

Simon Blease
    Monmouth

"Devon was not the kind of person who would do something stupid."
    Clearly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    I'm sure his did too!!
    Ian Roberts Fell Race. Dare you take on the Marsden Moor Tussocks? There's cake in it for you

Those mortars are really powerful, they've been illegal here since a teacher blew his head off years ago. It's a shame really, everyone should be able to experience the energy in one of those things at least once. They've got a ball of cordite on the bottom to propel them, the big ones will set off all the car alarms in the area just taking to the sky. My mum used to do a Mensa bonfire at our gaff, her mates would get sloshed on so much imported Don Simon that they'd start trying to shoot aeroplanes down with mortars...those were the days.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

The climbing club I was a member of back when young have a bonfire meet at the top a Snowdonia valley (just over from Capel). Some of the members were professional pyromaniacs, and the Manchester/Merseyside constabulary would give them confiscated fireworks to 'dispose of'.
    Needless to say there were plenty of sheep scared shitless as, amongst other things, a mortar the size of a football was propelled skywards by an inch of gunpowder. Took >3 seconds for the noise to reach us.
    Happy days - felling trees, lugging logs, axe play, building bonfires, fire walking, fire sitting. I haven't been back since H&S got stricter.
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10375051.html
    Another good day for the gene pool.

I remember a lad I knew as a kid insisting on firing a rocket whilst holding the tube in his teeth. Needless to say, the tail of the rocket ignited in his face and burnt his eyebrows etc. off and he was very lucky not to blind himself. If I remember correctly he couldn't see anything for at least half an hour. What a plonker
    @Hill_Runner on twitter