Thread: Liverpool-based runners?

Liverpool-based runners?

Hi all,

Very much in the early days of fell running but keen to get out in Snowdonia and the Lake District. I have a fair amount of experience in the mountains having been a rock climber for a long time but am by no means THE best navigator out there.

I wondered if any users here were Liverpool-based and wouldn't mind a petrol share/tag along for a few runs?

Bests,

Tom.

You could look into joing Pensby Runners. We're Wirral based but you'll be coming over the water anyway to get to Wales. The club takes part in most disciplines be we have a core group of people who mainly/only do fell running.

We have a club winter and summer fell league and tend to all meet up to lift share and attend races on the Clwyds, Llantysilio area and Snowdonia; we also try to do one Lakeland Classic every summer. We have done the Fell Realys, the Billy Bland Challenge and for we've had runners do the Highland Fling (not really fell race but a crackin' day in a great location). Some go on Mountain Running holidays/compete abroad. We do do races in the Peaks, Lakes, Dales etc..... but the core of what we do is in North Wales.

Have a look at our website http://www.pensbyrunners.co.uk/

If you feel we're not for you I'd say of all the Liverpool rather than Merseyside clubs; I see runners from Penny Lane Striders most often at fell events - you could look into them.

Hi tom,I live in Mossley Hill.Been fell running more years than i like to admit.I can show you some great routes in Snowdonia as i train and race a lot in wales.Give me a ring on 07837 252225 or e-mail [email protected].

Thank you both very much for getting in touch, that's brilliant.

Helix, I'm originally from Wirral and do get back over there quite frequently. I'll certainly bear your club in mind.

Duncz, I also live in Mossley Hill which is great news. I'll drop you a line over the weekend and perhaps we could meet up for a beer locally. Would very much appreciate the company and time in the hills.