Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotised by the weather

Hypnotised by the weather

7 times out of every 10 when i watch the weather i somehow get hypnotised at the beginning and wake up near the end still not knowing if i'm going to get rained on tommorrow; this doesn't happen with other shows like Masterchef. It's become such a problem i now have to hedge my bets and watch both the national and local forecasts to make sure i've got all the detail. I don't fall asleep as such or turn away from the screen, as far as i can work out i just instantaneously arrive at a point in time that is about half a minute into the future. I think it might be related to memory function, but i don't know why it happens when i watch the weather!! Does anyone else get this problem?
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Master
    Nope no issues with weather forecast, but plenty of issues with the rest of the inane tripe that is dished up
    The older I get the Faster I was

Ha ha �� that happens to me all the time. Sometimes I have to rewind the the tv two or three during a forecast.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    7 times out of every 10 when i watch the weather i somehow get hypnotised at the beginning and wake up near the end still not knowing if i'm going to get rained on tommorrow; this doesn't happen with other shows like Masterchef. It's become such a problem i now have to hedge my bets and watch both the national and local forecasts to make sure i've got all the detail. I don't fall asleep as such or turn away from the screen, as far as i can work out i just instantaneously arrive at a point in time that is about half a minute into the future. I think it might be related to memory function, but i don't know why it happens when i watch the weather!! Does anyone else get this problem?
    That's not hypnotism Mr B that's Lucy Verasamy.

Happens to me too. I thought it was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CL View Post
    That's not hypnotism Mr B that's Lucy Verasamy.
    Sorry CL but it has to be Helen Willetts

Lucy gets my vote too !
    See the light in the night

Mr B! So its not just me!!!!
    It's vital to me as I cycle to work. Watch the local news then the travel update, then the weather but somehow I switch off as the forecast is read. Bizarre! Weird to find it happening to others!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

I think the thread should maybe have read: Hypnotised by the weather......forecaster !
    See the light in the night

I seem to have this problem but on a couple of occasions when I have really concentrated they seem to tell you what the weather has been like yesterday and then skip to tomorrow and beyond missing out the next few hours.
    One step beyond.