Thread: Push up the Pincyn

Push up the Pincyn

This is my first post, so go gentle with me

I have been inspired by the Snowdon race to try fell running, and maybe look to try and prepare to run in it myself next year. Therefore I've been looking over this site a lot and fancy running Push up the Pincyn this weekend as my first fell race. I am an experienced road runner and have run a number of trail races, anyone who has run this before, would this be suitable for a first race of this kind? Also is anyone else on here going to be running it?

hello Duck...

I personally don't know the fells in that area, but in terms of distance and ascent it looks pretty much ideal for a first race...

something to consider is the turnouts at welsh races are generally small in comparison to in England, so if you don't know the area and are planning to 'follow the crowd' it may be slightly more difficult, however in a 6 mile race should still not be a massive problem...

That sounds good then Travs as I have read that this is a well marked and marshaled route, so hopefully shouldnt have any navigation issues.

Am gutted. Due to accidents on my route to the race I wasn't able to make it in time

Shame...

I see from your location you are also a midlander... check out the 'races' section on this website and there is plenty going on in Wales, The Peak District and The Long Mynd... I'm just down the road in Coventry and can get to Church Stretton in an hour at a push...

Thanks Travs. I'll be keeping an eye out for something the end of next month now as I have Stourbridge stumble and race the train over the next 3 week.