Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Corpulent to 'core

Super Moderator
    The round appears to have rules you can set yourself depending on ability. Now 40 miles of BG pace fell walking / running I fine for me but the swimming? Well I'm rubbish. Therefore armbands (bright green), and as long as I like seems more than fair
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator
    I did the Hardmoors 30 yesterday. Very tough due to the muddy conditions plus lack of miles in the bank. However I got round . . . I need to decide whether to continue with my streak (123 days done) or probably run say 4 days a week, but with increased mileage and much more climb. Main thing is I feel a hell of a lot better than I did at the end of last summer

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I did the Hardmoors 30 yesterday. Very tough due to the muddy conditions plus lack of miles in the bank. However I got round . . . I need to decide whether to continue with my streak (123 days done) or probably run say 4 days a week, but with increased mileage and much more climb. Main thing is I feel a hell of a lot better than I did at the end of last summer
    Sensible reasoning / choices / options there, Andrew. You can't expect to put in big mile days without one rest day per week. I think there'll be one or two on here that have crocked themselves by trying to maintain a run every day whilst also upping the distance & the ascent.

Ian.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

How,s the weight loss going tup? Have you considered swapping the Malt loaf (high sugar/carbs) for something healthy such as Black pudding with mustard ,BP is becoming recognized as a superfood low in calories and fat high in lots of goodies such as iron .Mustard by the way has been proven to raise the metabolic rate by 20% which will defo help in weight loss ...good luck at Stanbury Splash ...malt loaf after not before ��

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the nutritional advice Bill. Sadly I don't like malt-loaf or BP. However weight loss is ongoing. Day 128 done

Super Moderator
    My boss' boss said yesterday "you've lost some weight haven't you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    My boss' boss said yesterday "you've lost some weight haven't you?"
    Is there a paunchline to this Tup ? ��

Super Moderator
    Apparently not . . .

Super Moderator
    Not running everyday now, but managed 132 days. Just in from 3 miles with the dog. Weight-loss / fitness-gain ongoing . . .

Super Moderator
    I enjoyed our club run yesterday (hoste by Brett and Sue) immensely. Losing a stone or so as made a big difference . . . I'm drinking less than I ever have and wonder if that has helped too?