Thread: Cheapest jacket?

Cheapest jacket?

Out there that meets waterproof requirements?

I'm not a fan of running in jackets, will run away in rain for hours. Have a Lidl one that cost nothing, is little more than a plastic bag but I'll use if it's January and it's lashing or snowing at 1,000 metres or so.

But entering British races I'm conscious that the requirements may be strict and don't want to travel over and find myself ruled out of a race on kit check. So really just looking for something that is light to carry and passes that, don't really care about breathability, fit etc.

I'm all for cheap gear and think some of it is fantastic. All of my running tights and shorts, merino wool tops etc are from Aldi and Lidl. It's brilliant kit at a price I'm very happy with.

One area where I don't want to compromise is with my waterproof jacket. I too can run in rain for a long time happy as anything. When you're up high though and the rain and wind is cutting across you, it's nice to know you have a solid piece of upper body cover. I purchased one of the OMM Cypher smocks (in yellow which wouldn't have been my first choice) for around 50 quid brand new with tags off ebay. It's been great on a few running and climbing trips so far.

Thanks for that Monolith.