Thread: Unconscious running after

Unconscious running after

Looking for some advice from anybody who has been knocked unconscious and then tried to return to running.

This is me so far. I was in a head on car crash 5 weeks ago, suffered a blow to the face which knocked me out for a few minutes and left me with a nice action man scar. I took a week total rest which I suffered from a headache for the whole week, it went at the end of that week. After 3 weeks I went for a training run at 80% max’ this left me with a head ache so I took another week off. Tried another very steady long run with the wife, 65% max’, this has still left with a head ache for 8 days now.

I am going back to the GP, but last time she just gave me extra strength pain killers, and I am sure she thought I was just on a wing.

Anybody else been in this position?

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Looking for some advice from anybody who has been knocked unconscious and then tried to return to running.

This is me so far. I was in a head on car crash 5 weeks ago, suffered a blow to the face which knocked me out for a few minutes and left me with a nice action man scar. I took a week total rest which I suffered from a headache for the whole week, it went at the end of that week. After 3 weeks I went for a training run at 80% max’ this left me with a head ache so I took another week off. Tried another very steady long run with the wife, 65% max’, this has still left with a head ache for 8 days now.

I am going back to the GP, but last time she just gave me extra strength pain killers, and I am sure she thought I was just on a wing.

Anybody else been in this position?

ATB

Tahr
    I will PM.

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".