Thread: Lifespan of shoes

Lifespan of shoes

I've done roughly 300km in my Inov8 X-Talon's and I think they're starting to go - does that sound normal? The shoes just don't feel right any more. They were very comfy and grippy but now my feet are feeling it after running in them. I did a very easy 10km last night and my feet are complaining today. It's my first pair of X-Talons, I previously had Terrafly's (which never lasted long before falling apart) and a pair of Trailrocs which did about 500km before they died (plenty of extra ventilation by that point too, sometimes I think it's best to wait for the second of third generation of inov8 product so they can iron out the design flaws!)

Might depend on the terrain, your useage and your mass? My second gen 212's have done over 700km and still very much in use. Mostly used on soft trail and fell, and I weigh a smudge over 10st.

I'm still using my 212's that I bought in 2012, although light use just for races and I'm also whippet build. I may have killed them though on a coasteering trip a few weeks ago!

I do run on a lot of rocks and harder surfaces I suppose, not all soft mud and fell. And I do run in the woods a lot and there are sometimes long sections of fire road which has maybe accelerated their demise. I'm not quite ready to call a time of death yet, I might just keep them for softer ground and stop running the rockier trails.