Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Mill Relay

This is an absolutely brilliant event. The course is superb for the distance. Our first time at it and we thoroughly enjoyed the day out. Hopefully back with a couple more teams next year!

Thanks for all the positive comments regarding our relay this year. In 3 years we have grown from 24 teams to 104 entered this time. we have a couple of ideas on improving for next time. Date, 26th November. Hope to see you all there!

Wonder if anyone can confirm a couple of points in this.... is dnf still around on the forum?

I am hoping to put together a couple of teams for this year, one "strong" team (strong in the sense that hopefully we won't come last)..... and another team made up of slower runners and possibly one or two of us running a second leg...

1. Our strong team is looking likely to be 3 guys and one lady... will this count as a mixed team, or does it need to be 2 and 2 to get a mixed placing?

2. I assume there wouldn't be a problem with the possibility of having to chop and change our 2nd team, as and when the inevitable dropouts happen and we have to draft a couple of us in to run a 2nd leg?

By the way I have heeded the various warnings on this thread about the weather, and made it extremely clear to all my potential runners what is expected with regards to kit, and potential weather conditions, and asked them all to confirm to me that they are still happy to put themselves forward.

Any forumites on this on sunday? (i know one or two will be there)

Coventry Godiva have two teams, an Open and a Mixed. I'm the only dedicated fellrunner in the teams, but we have a sprinkling of occasional fellrunners, trail races, BG supports, across the teams. Can't see us troubling the podium places, although we may have an outside chance with the mixed team. If anybody remembers the very good marathon runner Colin Kirkham, who i believe came 4th in the European Championships some time ago, and ran in the Olympic Marathon in the 70's... i believe he ran for Bingley Harriers but moved down to Cov as Godiva were the top team in those days.... we have his daughter running the anchor leg on the mixed team.

Looking at the quantity and calibre of entries, it could be fast paced at the front end!

I'm running opening leg for the Mixed team, then 2nd leg for the Open team, so i need to get round the first leg quickly to give me 5 or 10 mins to prepare for the next leg!

Travelling up tomorrow morning, for a run out around Hebden Bridge, Heptonstall, Stoodley Pike areas, then stopping in Hebden Bridge tomorrow night.

Although there's only 5 of us making up the two teams, it has caused quite a buzz amongst our group at the club, so hopefully it's a success and word spreads.

Good luck everyone.
    Last edited by Travs; 23-11-2018 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Any forumites on this on sunday? (i know one or two will be there)

Coventry Godiva have two teams, an Open and a Mixed. I'm the only dedicated fellrunner in the teams, but we have a sprinkling of occasional fellrunners, trail races, BG supports, across the teams. Can't see us troubling the podium places, although we may have an outside chance with the mixed team. If anybody remembers the very good marathon runner Colin Kirkham, who i believe came 4th in the European Championships some time ago, and ran in the Olympic Marathon in the 70's... i believe he ran for Bingley Harriers but moved down to Cov as Godiva were the top team in those days.... we have his daughter running the anchor leg on the mixed team.

Looking at the quantity and calibre of entries, it could be fast paced at the front end!

I'm running opening leg for the Mixed team, then 2nd leg for the Open team, so i need to get round the first leg quickly to give me 5 or 10 mins to prepare for the next leg!

Travelling up tomorrow morning, for a run out around Hebden Bridge, Heptonstall, Stoodley Pike areas, then stopping in Hebden Bridge tomorrow night.

Although there's only 5 of us making up the two teams, it has caused quite a buzz amongst our group at the club, so hopefully it's a success and word spreads.

Good luck everyone.
    See you on Sunday Pete

You’re in for a treat it’s a great course. Nothing too technical but there is a great traversing descent to let yourself go. It can be extremely wet with plenty of bog....not sure what the conditions are like this year though.
    You’ll be reet doing two legs....I did all four legs on my own the first time the relay was held....one hard day out for sure.

Cheers
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    You’ll be reet doing two legs....I did all four legs on my own the first time the relay was held....one hard day out for sure.

Cheers
    But is it true you only got fastest leg time on 3 of them?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Yeah Graham that’s completely true, I also won the relays outright....inserts winking emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Fastest team of one (The Chorley One) on all four legs.

Leg 1 14th
    Leg 2 15th
    Leg 3 21st
    Leg 4 24th

An outstanding performance as usual on a miserable day.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

And 20th out of 25 teams.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    And 20th out of 25 teams.
    Cheers Jim

I’ve had company ever since, certainly makes life easier.