Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9th October round

Hi Mark Did my clockwise round in 2011 so did know the route pretty well, but haven't done any of the legs for a while. Have also helped out on several night attempts on legs 1 and 2 in summer and winter, but was always surprised how in the dark and the clag down how interesting/ challenging leg 2 is when you think it is almost impossible to go wrong! Not wishing to Teach you to suck eggs as I'm sure you are well aware, but if you have the chance it is really worth checking out the bearings particularly off Great Dodd and the line down Off seat sandal to Dunmail Raise cheers

Even on not so misty nights you can go wrong on leg 2 I still can't believe how we managed to end up at Raise from White Side while trying to get to Lower Man. (ps it was a clockwise round and lost 12 minutes.)

_|_
    ./\.

Be great if you can make it Mark, especially given your experience. If you can then I can get you transferred back to Keswick from Dunmail and fill you with hot drinks/soup!

Mark - looks like I can make it but not sure if I will do legs 1 and 2 or just 1. Could you send me your timings and I will let you know. Hope that is ok and you're enjoying this glorious weather - let's hope it holds out for you boys. Cheers

Thats great Mark and much appreciated. I'll message you for your email and send my phone number etc.

Tracker link is http://maps.opentracking.co.uk/bg2015.cfm?n=57

Cheers Mark

The very best of luck on your late season round. Will be watching the tracker

Super Moderator
    Straight from Moot Hall to the dinner?

Best of luck as Mark says
    Poacher turned game-keeper

watch the speed on the down hills over first 2 legs

best of luck tonigh Mark. Weather forcast is looking pretty good.

Super Moderator
    Wha'ppen?
    Poacher turned game-keeper