Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Membership cards

Never used it. A downloadable format is an excellent idea as are car stickers.

In all the years I've been a member of the FRA, I've been asked to show my card only once - as evidence for a discount in a running equipment shop.

In the past, when we have had very busy and well attended AGMs (not very often, and usually when there was an important discussion / decision on the agenda) it has been important to recognise which attendees were members who were eligible to vote. A membership card may be useful for this purpose.

Cards

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    In all the years I've been a member of the FRA, I've been asked to show my card only once - as evidence for a discount in a running equipment shop.

In the past, when we have had very busy and well attended AGMs (not very often, and usually when there was an important discussion / decision on the agenda) it has been important to recognise which attendees were members who were eligible to vote. A membership card may be useful for this purpose.
    Thanks for your input. The majority, of a very small sample is against keeping the cards. Most members will have other cards e.g. EA.

Your point about the AGM is an interesting one. Unfortunately since we changed the date and broke the Langdale link the AGM has relied on pre checked proxies to be quorate. If we didn't know someone we can also check on the database.

Back to painting the front door.

I do like a membership card, but in the present format they're pretty u/s really. Possibly a one-off plastic card on entry (expensive and tricky!?) or as Nick mentioned a download if and as required.
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

I've just found mine quite useful for picking toast out of my teeth, keep them coming.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Since we all get the calendar, couldn't the membership card just be a cut out and keep page of that?

Quote Originally Posted by brummievet View Post
    Since we all get the calendar, couldn't the membership card just be a cut out and keep page of that?
    Brilliant piece of thinking that man! If only the Committee had your talents...