Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
Nice one. I also bloody love this event - it is my annual MOT if you like and the one permanent fixture on the calendar. I passed Joss around Steel Fell and thought that is definitely something to aspire to.

I'm hoping to see more route uploads to route gadget as I lost all my time between 1 and 2 as well. Not sure what the best line was here. I half thought about Grizedale Tarn and then contouring in, thought about the direct line but couldn't make out a safe line to the valley so opted for the middle ground - a mid contour which unfortunately took in a couple of boulder fields. Greasy stuff.
Made up quite a bit of time towards the end thankfully but order of the day was to enjoy it, so mission accomplished
I must have been pretty much next to you then as that's when I passed Joss too.

I had a look at the routegadget but haven't uploaded mine yet, I'll try and do it in a moment if possible. We ran all the way over to Fairfield and dropped straight down the scree shoot...didn't work because it was miles too far over but like you said, we had fun and that's was our only aim!