Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: LDMT why not more popular

Me too, all being well should be there 1830 latest if you want some company drop me a pm

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Really enjoyed today. Excellent course, injuries held up and the sun even shone. Thanks to LDMT for another great event - probably the highlight of my running year so far.

Thanks very much to all involved - I did the medium course and was a great day out.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

Each year I'm keen to get my entry in. As it gets closer I wonder if I'll regret it, and that feeling carries on for the first third, mixed with a bit of 'Oh great, here we go again!' Then usually a bad patch around the furthest point out, and I'm sure this is the last time. Then a point where I'm thinking 'I'm going to finish!' and just keeping plodding on. And a couple of days later it's a case of I think i'll be doing at least one more.
    Another 12 to go to get my certificate but really not sure I'll make that - I'll be 65! Perhaps if I retire early..I'll have more time to train?!
    Always the best event of the year for me. Not necessarily the most enjoyable, although often is, but the one I'm most pleased to have completed.

Missed it again!!! Life keeps on getting in the way.

I'll have to settle for the next Copeland Chase and the Mercia Hill Trial.

It's a brilliant event, this - I've always loved it. Back in the days when I used to be able to run I always did the Classic course, so doing the Medium this year seemed like a relatively comfortable day out walking in the hills.

I was most grateful to the chap on the road suggesting I took the path through the bracken to the final check-point. Before that I'd had no idea what was going to be the best way up that little hill. Also grateful to Ian Charters for calling me over the broken wall on the taped section at the end. I'd just walked straight past it.

Thanks to David, Miriam and the rest of the organisers/helpers.

Just a quick reminder that entries for this year (2017) close in just 28 days time. Entry via http://www.ldmta.org.uk/ Enjoy!
    Mike Hind
    Borrowdale Fell runners

Quote Originally Posted by mykind View Post
    Just a quick reminder that entries for this year (2017) close in just 28 days time. Entry via http://www.ldmta.org.uk/ Enjoy!
    Just entered. Looking forward to the most local one I will have done, and to mykind's courses! Hoping to have 2 of the younger generation on the start line also.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Looking forward to this year's event immensely. Had not done much running/walking over Buttermere/Ennerdale/Wasdale way for many a year so spent a most enjoyable long weekend up there a couple of weeks ago. Some fantastic running to be had and, presuming that is the direction the course will take, some interesting route choices to be made.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Looking forward to my first LDMT. Running in a pair should make it a bit more interesting too. I see Joss has entered ;-)
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC