Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: LDMT why not more popular

I'd absolutely love to do this event, and have been meaning to for the last couple of years. But it always seems to clash with Peris, and that is a huge decision to make...!

I can see that you can now put route on routegadget. I have put my route on but it hasn't aligned properly (I downloaded it from a gpx file). Anyone any ideas how I can remove a route? Cheers

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    I can see that you can now put route on routegadget. I have put my route on but it hasn't aligned properly (I downloaded it from a gpx file). Anyone any ideas how I can remove a route? Cheers
    I have never managed to remove one. I just added a new one last time I got it wrong and labelled the first as incorrect.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I'd absolutely love to do this event, and have been meaning to for the last couple of years. But it always seems to clash with Peris, and that is a huge decision to make...!
    Peris is a great race and I know its tempting to do your favourite races year in and year out but that way you don't get to discover new favourite races!
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

I'll guess what you'll say if I see you on Thursday evening in the Kirkstile?!

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    At the Peris prize giving, the organiser said that the race would probably be on a different weekend next year. So you may be able to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    At the Peris prize giving, the organiser said that the race would probably be on a different weekend next year. So you may be able to do both.
    Fantastic!

looking at some of the route people have put up, quite a few on the classic have evidently never done Borrowdale
    (OK, I managed t lose the trod but at least I knew it was there!)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Local knowledge for these type of events is very interesting. I did the short route and looking at Routegadget a few people took the direct descent down to the final control rather than taking the path over Haystacks. As i have never been that way i had a look at the closeness of the contours and rocky ground depicted on the map and decided discretion was the better part of valour and chose to take the path over Haystack and down Scarth gap. I obviously don't know how long it took people to pick their way down the other way but due to the wind and greasy rock the route over Haystacks was no picnic. Maybe i'll be a bit braver about direct routes next time.

It's interesting that this thread is called "LDMT why not more popular" but it has stretched to 10 pages. Obviously its not massively popular in numbers but those who do it love it.
    Last edited by Fellwalker; 13-09-2017 at 06:27 AM.