Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Girls Allowed

Dogma

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    Dogma
    ..tix

Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

I've seen girls aloud in Monaco. Top notch too. I wish they were running the relays - they'd get plenty of encouragement. ;-)
    See the light in the night

Quote Originally Posted by mapper View Post
    I've seen girls aloud in Monaco. Top notch too. I wish they were running the relays - they'd get plenty of encouragement. ;-)

Good thought but there were only 5 of them.

What are you like in a frock?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I think the only way around this would be to have an open senior , Senior Men, and senior Woman categorie. The open would allow anyone obviously... Apart from aliens of course.
    Last edited by Alan Lucker; 23-09-2015 at 10:59 PM.

JJ73
    Nice thought but even Girls Aloud wouldn't qualify, teams of six only.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lucker View Post
    I think the only way around this would be to have an open senior , Senior Men, and senior Woman categorie. The open would allow anyone obviously... Apart from aliens of course.
    Couldn't you just have open, open female, open vets and open female vets? That way you wouldn't need more teams and yet the open teams could have a few women if they merited a place. I can think of a few decent teams with one or two very handy ladies who might consider their open team improved by their inclusion.

I think as Saz says this is more about lining the UKAs up with other events within a framework of standard practice. In that respect I can see the UKA's point of view and why they might have come to this decision.

Victoria Wilkinson ran in the open team at the IHMR last year with Andy Jebb and finished 9th overall. Blackburn have Helen Leigh and Liz Wilkinson but not enough to make a team. Seems a bit daft to stop these ladies running. They more than hold their own in individual races.

JJ73
    Well that's just it. It's all about UKA. Whilst bringing these relays into line with their 'framework' they have failed to recognise the restrictions for ladies. If allowed at all to give any sort of advisory input in to their own sport anymore, the FRA has also failed to recognise this problem. A simple sport is becoming more and more complicated.

Its allowing men to compete against men and women against women in the championship categories - that is all it applies to