Has anyone heard of this?

I fancy a go but have looked at the 'Rules'?

Quite frankly I find it quite insulting that there are so many rules and regulations, with 'verification marshalls' needed to provided by the IMRA.

They then have the cheek to talk about 'spirit of the round'.

I'm very tempted to have a go but could not bring myself to have to justify to these people why I should be considered worthy.

I liked the unofficialness of the Paddy Buckley, I'm not overly keen with needing witnesses for the BGR, but needing marshalls sent out is just a joke, and this registering an attempt so many days prior..

..I just feel this is so far away from what long mountain rounds should be about.

It doesn't suprise me that this is by a 'mountain running association', sorry but this sort of beaurocracy shouldn't have to be experienced to go for a long run in the hills.

Rules
  • Each attempt must be publicised two weeks in advance on the IRMA website including a timetable of planned arrivals at peaks and which standard is being attempted.
  • Previous training and race results must be supplied which demonstrate the ability of the competitor to complete the stated attempt.
  • Each attempt must be ratified in advance to be considered for an award.
  • The IWR reserves the right to confirm the starting or finishing or arrival of the competitor at any one of the peaks.
  • Ratification of an attempt may not be given on the desired day if there is not sufficient verification marshals available.
  • A competitor must have sufficient resources to survive in a mountain environment for the duration of the attempt.
  • Competitors may run solo or in groups on the strict understanding that all members carry their own gear and that the navigation is done by a member doing the attempt in total.
  • It is against the spirit of the event to have a pacing runner or navigational support.
  • Route choices on a tarred road are permitted but no transport of any kind.
  • Food dumps and logistical support along the route are allowed.
  • The competitor must provide a list of times each of the specified peaks were reached in order to claim an award.
http://www.imra.ie/?sec1=wicklowround