Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: aggressive mud shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Does Hopey still look at the forum? He works for Inov-8, or at least he did till recently. Alternatively Graham will be along soon I'm sure to tell us how lucky we are are to have such great product
    Hopey is still here. Championing; China/Japan's finest

Can't say I've had the same experience with mine, but it's all subjective I guess. I've got a week coming up in the Lakes soon, so will try them out again then and try and be a bit more critical. I agree about the La Sportiva XCs. I had a pair and thought the grip was great and I loved the fit and design of the upper - it's just they split after less than 100M!

I've started to wear NB Zero Minimus something or other, the ones that look like the old RXTerrain. Really good and grippy, lightweight, great feel . Just like I thought Walshes would be till I tried and failed to like them.Paid £60 for them so a decent price. More miles also really grippy, equal to Mudclaws I reckon but only last a few months.
    I haven't tried Mudclaws recently as I refuse to pay their prices and can never find my size in sale.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by sbrt View Post
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/a...-shoes-~-ss15/

£50 on here at the mo too, might be worth a flutter!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Mate of mine tried those. Said he would put them in the bin sooner than wear them again.

MT00v2 perhaps. I had a pair and they were an excellent alternative to mudclaw and walsh PB. of the mudclaw, I like the 265, the latest version of which is the blue one. performed well enough on langdale horseshoe yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by neilly View Post
    I've started to wear NB Zero Minimus something or other, the ones that look like the old RXTerrain. Really good and grippy, lightweight, great feel . Just like I thought Walshes would be till I tried and failed to like them.Paid £60 for them so a decent price. More miles also really grippy, equal to Mudclaws I reckon but only last a few months.
    I haven't tried Mudclaws recently as I refuse to pay their prices and can never find my size in sale.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    Mate of mine tried those. Said he would put them in the bin sooner than wear them again.
    Did he say why? They look like great (cheap) shoe for mud. No half sizes though...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    Did he say why? They look like great (cheap) shoe for mud. No half sizes though...

I have got a pair of those and done about 120 miles, so far so good. Not great on wet rocks (nothing really is). I quite like their inner sock anklets which works as gaiters and the outer mesh is slightly water resistant. They do come in half sizes because mines is a 8.5. Slightly cheaper on here.

_|_
    ./\.

Thanks Adnan - they do look tempting for the mudfest that is my winter run to work and back! I meant no half sizes in the link to the sale. Your link has, but not a 7.5 unfortunately. Will keep looking...